• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Covid Cooking- Culinary Cuisine

Since it is Easter and haven't gone to the store for lamb, I am going to do a smoked chicken bbq instead, because that is what I have.

BRINE:
4 cups water
1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce
Mix thoroughly and put half in two separate large freezer bag.

VICTIM:
One medium sized baking chicken cut in half.

Put 1/2 of a chicken in each bag, pour in 1/2 the brine in each bag, push all of the air out of the bags and seal shut, then put in the fridge overnight. Then drain and put it on the smoker tomorrow using oak and hickory wood chips. Two doses of chips in the first two hours at 180 degrees for three hours or tested fully cooked. Baste sparingly but often with a mixture of one cup of Sweet Baby Ray's and 1/4 cup brown sugar fully mixed.
That'll git 'er done . . .

SERVED WITH:
BBQ baked beans. Made using a can Bush's baked beans, 1/4 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 1/8 of a teaspoon of mustard powder, and 1/8 of a teaspoon of garlic powder. Fry four strips of bacon, let cool, chop it up, and add to the beans. Cook at a very low simmer for at least an hour, stirring often. Done.

Green salad with home made bacon flavored croutons and tamaters . . .

Last edited:
I was glad to find a few staples at the truck stop in Fort Wayne. Nice people. Early start to Central New York for a Monday delivery.

Tomorrow I’ll play the whole of the 2014 service from Kings.

I’d imagine the rest of you also became familiar with that college choir via the BBC Worldwide shortwave service.

Imbibe our culture as best you can.
While you can.

Even YouTube can be worthy.
What goes away may not come back.

Robb , You Da' Man ! (y) Few weeks back you reminded me of " The Bleach Disinfectant " recipe , now this awesome Brine ! I Brine when Smoking My Meats , but a few ingredients in " Your " recipe Iv'e never tried .:cool: Again my WWDX friend I Thank You ! Stay Healthy & Safe ! Happy Easter & 73 & God Bless , Leo

Reactions: G GOLLY WAlly
Since it is Easter and haven't gone to the store for lamb, I am going to do a smoked chicken bbq instead, because that is what I have.

BRINE:
4 cups water
1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce
Mix thoroughly and put half in two separate large freezer bag.

VICTIM:
One medium sized baking chicken cut in half.

Put 1/2 of a chicken in each bag, pour in 1/2 the brine in each bag, push all of the air out of the bags and seal shut, then put in the fridge overnight. Then drain and put it on the smoker tomorrow using oak and hickory wood chips. Two doses of chips in the first two hours at 180 degrees for three hours or tested fully cooked. Baste sparingly but often with a mixture of one cup of Sweet Baby Ray's and 1/4 cup brown sugar fully mixed.
That'll git 'er done . . .

SERVED WITH:
BBQ baked beans. Made using a can Bush's baked beans, 1/4 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 1/8 of a teaspoon of mustard powder, and 1/8 of a teaspoon of garlic powder. Fry four strips of bacon, let cool, chop it up, and add to the beans. Cook at a very low simmer for at least an hour, stirring often. Done.

Green salad with home made bacon flavored croutons and tamaters . . .
Amend the temp to 225-250.
Cook the beans until some of the beans begin to fall apart at little bit; about 2 hours is best.

Hope you have a fine Easter, even with these conditions . . .

I like to brine the bird and the cook. I am the cook.

414343570.jpg

Used to like the Knob Creek Bourbon and always bought that. One day I wasn’t paying attention and by accident bought a bottle of Rye. Didn’t notice it until later.

Liked it better than the KC Bourbon. Been buying the Rye since. Not sure about mixing it with Dr. Pepper though. Might be good! (y)

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.