• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE-8900 And Beyond:Ongoing Discussions

Quote :Using them in an attempt to cure alternator whine is also a waste. In most cases, alternator whine appears when there is a ground loop caused by incorrect wiring practices. It is also quite common when mag mount antennas are being used."
I have a magmount. I also use the vehicle's body as ground. The radio and radio case is grounded to a front seat hold down bolt. I also have a 1 gauge body to battery ground terminal connection. My stereo is grounded the same way. The only way my stereo system gets noise introduced into it is when I use a Sirio/Xm Roadie receiver that is plugged into either the cig lighter port(noisy) or the 15 amp power port(less noisy).

"Real alternator whine is caused by one or more leaky diodes. Older Delco® products seem to be the worse for this malady with older model Toyotas in second place. Brute force filters may help, however ones large enough to handle a 100+ amp alternator are usually more costly than fixing the alternator, to say nothing of the voltage drop they cause."

The second paragraph is what the R/S (Ham) dude said.

Last edited:
But I found the spot where you place the ferrite snap on beads on the offended and offender power wires. I just need to find out how many and what inside diameters to use

P.S. I had to replace my condenser fan motor a couple of years ago

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.