• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE-8900 And Beyond:Ongoing Discussions

Doug at custom cb radios I believe was one of sparkys cb's techs, he is a Good tech from the work I have seen, my brother in law has a 959 from him and it is a nice radio for what they are. If I were going to get a radio from him and this was told to me by him, to get the stryker 955hp. It's a great radio per his review of it as well. It will do 100 watts as well. If you are wanting to buy it for pure pleasure, then go for it, doug is a good tech and knows what he is doing. JMO. God bless and Happy New Year. 73's.

I'm keeping my eyes on the 955 plus it's got more channels than a 959 can ever have.

I would do some research for sure, if I didn't have 2 magnum 257hp's I would get one myself, I have settled into my current setup that I am happy with in the mobile. It's a uniden pc122xl and magnaforce 350HD. Biased b amp and not over driving it. It sounds clean and gets my name called. I am saving the magnums for my base setup. Don't get me wrong though, the 955 has been in my sights as well as I have heard a lot of good things about it. The only negatives are they are kind of hard to figure out, but to me that's fun lol. I sit and read the manuals over and over, makes for good toilet reading material lol. Anyway good luck and god bless.

The 955 is one badass radio!!! All I get is compliments on mine you do not have to do the computer stuff if you don't want to. Hell I have not and I enjoy mine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(y)(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: 1 person
I'm trying to repair my K40 Speech Processor mic. The little piece that changes resistance when voice audio pressure waves vibrates the mic diaphragm is broken. Does anyone have an K40 speech processor mic they want to sell? I tried to use an electret mic element and a dynamic mic element but the electret element needs 5 volts to operate and I think that the impedance needs matched up with the speech processor circuitry.
I checked the impedance on the unbroken part of the K40 element and it registers on my ohmmeter but doesn't on the part that's past the cracked place. I strummed my finger accord the element and that produces an audio output so the rest of the mic guts work.

If you look at the photo you'll see where it's cracked
http://www.cbtricks.com/mic_manuals/k40/k40_man.pdf

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,012.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.