• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE-8900 And Beyond:Ongoing Discussions

Thanks. Reason why is that I'm not going to unfurl my vector 4000 til after I move but want something more than a K40 antenna on the roof. :O
Ah! You want it for 11M? You'll want it vertical then, so you can work the locals. Random wire? Make it about at least 18 feet long. If it's horizontal, all you'll work is DX. The feeder is important. How will you feed it?

The tower is already vertical and I haven't received the tuner yet. Length if wire? I have coax.
To talk on 11 meters and listen on everything else

Last edited:
MFJ-207

I finally put a battery in my MFJ-207 SWR analyzer and checked my Sirio antenna. I have my antenna set for the freqs I'm using. The 207's Tune knob is a little stiff and hard but not impossible to zero beat it against a radio at a known frequency. I tend to agree with a review I've read about this tuner and their recommendations about replacing the Tuner knob with a larger diameter knob. Sure would make it easier to use.
Note that the knob doesn't exactly point at the right frequency it's been set for in this case,27.285 MHz.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Place to plug in an external frequency counter or insert short length of wire,placing the other end close and maybe even touching the center conductor on the transceiver's SO-239 jack. Be cautious as you don't want to overload your receiver's front end. The 207's output is quite strong.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 16
While I'm still here in Egypt(SC), I went and ordered a dipole mount from MFJ Enterprises. I'll affix two 102" stainless steel whips to it and horizontally orientate it. Should be good enough for local as well as DX. I'm already making DX contacts using my single 102" whip on my tower using my twin stacked tv antennas as a ground plane. Seems to be working. I was wondering if the dipole would need a balun and what brand and ratio? Here's the link to the product.
MFJ Enterprises Inc.
P.S. I'll be isolating the dipole mount from the mast and the mast will be nine feet above the top tv antenna array

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.