• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 SSB - don't know if anyone had posted this yet

In live in Fairfield County, Ohio.

High meth and narcotics users. Friend of mine has had 3 CB's stole outta his truck in two years. My cars have been rummaged thru several times over the years.

Anymore, I just leave my doors unlocked. Don't have to replace glass, lock cylinder or clean up mess. Dopers will steal just about anything to get high. Mostly, it's catalytic converters and car batteries.

That really stinks, I'm in the middle of NJ 65 miles to Philadelphia and 35 miles to New York, not the best area but nothing like that here. My truck is always parked in the back yard, have 4 dogs that give me the heads up if anybody even comes in front of the house

I've been really lucky so far. I had a galaxy 98vhp in my suburban for a couple of years. A cobra 29 in my jeep for a year and various galaxies and a 158edx in the big truck for over 4 years. Both vehicles spend lots of time late nights and weekends in a dark Walgreens parking lot with the store closed at night. Knock on wood so far nothing's been touched.

My oldest son is Autistic and loves to play video games. I never buy brand new ones because he frequently gets mad at the game and won't play it anymore. Some new games are $50+.

I take him with me to various pawn shops around the county to buy used games. It's sad, but they are crowded with people selling anything they can to fund their habit. Our jails are overcrowded, drug treatment programs are underfunded, blah blah blah.

Same shit as elsewhere.

Last spring, I was at a shopping mall. When I came out I noticed my door window was busted. My friend left his cigarettes on the dash. That's all they took. Stopped at a junkyard on the way home and snagged a Window.

Damn thieves.

Yeah, detachable faceplates would be great but would you be prepared to pay an additional $200.$300 bucks more...I doubt it.

i sure would 200 to 300 bucks added to the price of a rci 2950dx style radio with a removable face sure would. it still would be less money then a kenwood 480,yaseu 857 or icom 7000.

ben using this Midland for 2 days now and really like it. Wish I could get the layout of the board and turn the recieve down a little. Other than that it sure is stable cold to hot, talks very well with a stock mic.

Got one of these yesterday, face comes off, 40 channel SSB and can be moded for 10 meters or freebanding. Not sure how bad or good it is yet but been using it on my base antenna since last night with good audio results.
the face on that midland radio is detachable but only for security reasons, once it's removed it does not function. what the manufactors need to make is a radio that you can remove the control head and remotely mount the power unit like the yaesu 857 or icom 7000 hf rigs. i have a yaesu 7900 2 meter radio that i have the main power unit under the seat but the control head for the radio is mounted on an aircondition vent mount they also make a nice mount for a cup holder. a radio like this with full ssb functions and 10 meter capabilty would be great because you could mount it in any vehicle with out drilling holes or anything damaging to the interior.

I tried that last night, taking the face off while I had it on and yes it did shut off. I am very surprised that this radio was not a bog seller, with a bit of a mod it can do 10 meters, then push a few buttons, turn the radio on it can be a regular CB or you can push a few buttons and have a free bander, amazing I never found one of these before this. Guess I got lucky who ever did the mods did them right. The radio really works great, small chassis, cpu controlled just a good all around radio

Well that's the way the Anytone 5555 is put frequencies where you want them from 25.000 to 31.000. I will say the best thing about the new version 5 or 6 is the ability to change stuff through the front panel with all the buttons, the older version 3 ones didn't do that

I need to order the cable. The plug on the CRE is the same as a mini USB cable. I have several mini USB cables so I wanted to make sure they wouldn't work before spending $25 on another one. I plugged it into the radio and the computer. The computer didn't recognize it. So looks like I'll be buying a cable.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.