• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 SSB - don't know if anyone had posted this yet

The red green white and black wires are soldered to the circuit board. The blue and yellow wires aren't used. The PPT switch is mounted to the circuit board and can't be adjusted. Maybe some contact cleaner.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 7
The plug is the same. Just wired a mic for mine using the plug from an rci mic.

Thanks! The Xtreme 2018 mic has a noise reduction switch to cut down on road noise but also cuts the mic gain by 50%. I may very well go with the Road Devil. I wish I could get a dark grey mic housing for it.

How is the road devil working for you? I put mine on and it squealed horribly. I had to turn the mic gain on the mic almost off and the same with the mic gain on the radio. It also made the feedback through the speaker even worse than ever. Especially on ssb. Even with the talkback all the way off. I bought it from bells. Wonder if he has the modulation turned too high for that mic?

It works fine. Audio is pretty good, but in my opinion not a big enough improvement to give up my channel controls. I do have one fairly noisy car that the RD is a must. My talkback isn't really an issue either. It's barely audible when off. I don't even notice it when used as a mobile.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio