• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 SSB - don't know if anyone had posted this yet

Future use? You have to keep in mind that there are only 6 wires in a mic cord and if you want the channel up/down options you wont have any left for the hot wire to power a mic with.

I only suggested that to prevent an "oops" if a problem arises from a broken wire or incorrectly wireing up the mic. It seems like a worth while thing to do in retrospect of killing the cpu.

However you could go with a different wire but that would be another thread.

Thanks guys for your help. I'm used to seeing mic pin wiring with a receive pin position in the mic wiring. The 8900's mic jack pin that's hot,does anyone know if that can supply enough current for the Road Devil mic? Where does it get it's Voltage from? Yesterday I was tossing around a few ideas about how to use the radio's power to power the RD. I'm curious as to how the ASQ is wired in the 8900's stock mic. I thought it might be a good idea to add a capacitor bank to the RD mic in place of the battery and it being wired to radio power. This was the alternate hook up procedure for the K40 Speech Processor Mic in order so to not have to unkey to recharge it's built in capacitor. I think that this might be a good practice especially if the 13.8v pin on the 8900 can't supply enough current even if it might be overkill. Also,I read on a forum that I could use the Uniden six pin to four pin mic cord adapter and modify it to work on a 89000

Last edited:
@ Lil

Slow down bro I think your thoughts are running wild on you.
I see no need for adding capacitors to the power circuit on the mic as the rd mic is fed from a regulated supply. Eg- 9v battery, however as stated in a previous post it may be possible to tie pins together to make up the current capacity (theoreticaly) but what you need to do is measure the output of those pins to confirm that they are 12v rail and go from there. As for asq button, I have no idea until I buy one of these radios and have a tinker with it.

Road Devil pin out. Three connections on the 8900 mic jack and don't use the Road Devil's receive wire,right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.