• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 SSB - don't know if anyone had posted this yet

Hey Lil
If you have a volt meter can you measure the output of pin 6 for me, I will be ordering one of these 8900's in the next few weeks and I also would like to run a road devel mic on it cheers

Here it is. If you run the radio on a regulated power supply then all you need is a few diodes to step down the voltage. Each diode steps the voltage down .6 volts. You might have to run a ground wire as well to cut down on a chance noise entering (ground loop)the audio stream.

You make a post like this, but then you ask how to wire a RD mic to the 8900?

Mmmmm

I was able to get my RD mic working decently by turning the gain on mic way down and menu mic gain to about 31-35 per cbradiomagazine's suggestions. It's doing pretty good. Got a good report from my cousin around 30 miles away on ssb. Said it sounded "damn good". Now I just need to talk to some friends on am and see if its any better. I still wanna ground the radio chassis to the jeep chassis. Also still have a 1-2 second delay between keyup and audio actually being transmitted. I've never even heard of that till I tried the astatic 636l on it yesterday. Must be an astatic thing. I need to find out what relay solves this and where to put it.

You make a post like this, but then you ask how to wire a RD mic to the 8900?

Mmmmm

Yep. I haven't had time to check it and it was set in my lap. O don't want to blow a trace. I just got off from work. How did you wire your RD?
P.S. I ordered a RD,six wire mic cord(small coil),RCI mic plug. I wonder if I add some R/S buttons for up/down and ASQ,I'd have what I want in a mic.

Last edited:
I was able to get my RD mic working decently by turning the gain on mic way down and menu mic gain to about 31-35 per cbradiomagazine's suggestions. It's doing pretty good. Got a good report from my cousin around 30 miles away on ssb. Said it sounded "damn good". Now I just need to talk to some friends on am and see if its any better. I still wanna ground the radio chassis to the jeep chassis. Also still have a 1-2 second delay between keyup and audio actually being transmitted. I've never even heard of that till I tried the astatic 636l on it yesterday. Must be an astatic thing. I need to find out what relay solves this and where to put it.

Someone else had that problem and fixed it. CB Radio Magazine ?

Just my 2 cents please dont use this as gospel, I like a lot of mics but the Road Devil is not one of my favs, it has too much treble for my liking so I do not use them on any of my radios, matter of fact if someone would like one brand new in the box 25 bucks would get it out of my house 4 pin wired. Yes it does have it's place in the radio world just not in my world

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.