• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRT SS 7900V Turbo (latest version) Service Mode? (And more tricks)...

Pez

Apr 24, 2021
Australia
Hi all,

I have a new CRT SS 7900V Turbo (latest version with DSP) and I cannot get the radio to enter service mode. Holding the Menu and Mode buttons on power-up causes the LCD screen to show all characters and segments (like you expect) but then the radio starts normally, and does not enter into service mode as the original 7900 radios did.

Can anyone advise on this? Has anyone with a new V Turbo actually been into service mode? If so, how!?

UPDATE:

From some experimenting I have done, here is what I have found so far...

Press and Hold these keys while powering the radio ON:

MENU + EMG = BAND selection (BAND 1 = 10m // BAND 2 - 12m-10m)

MENU + MODE = LCD segment test

CH knob + MENU = KEY TEST. This allows for testing all keys and knobs for correct operation

CH knob + EMG = BOOT (probably used for loading new firmware).

Lets see what else we can find! (We still need to find "service mode"!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Hmmm I got mine from Scott's and he did email me some info in regards to that. Will have to take a peak now and will reports back. I believe he had that info in one of his tube videos as well.

Reactions: Pez
That video appears to be gone - any help you can provide would be great!. (I have all the test gear, but no way to access the menu). I probably have one of the only 7900V's here in Australia, and I want to put it through its paces. Cheers!

Only thing i found on Dutch site:
Open all Bands:

Press and hold MENU + EMG while turning on the radio,

Choose the desired band BAND 1 or BAND 2 and then long press MENU to confirm.

BAND 1 = 28-29.7MHZ ---BAND 2 = 24.715-30.105 MHz

Only thing i found on Dutch site:
Open all Bands:

Press and hold MENU + EMG while turning on the radio,

Choose the desired band BAND 1 or BAND 2 and then long press MENU to confirm.

BAND 1 = 28-29.7MHZ ---BAND 2 = 24.715-30.105 MHz
Yes I know about that one. I am talking about the calibration settings menu.

From some experimenting I have done, here is what I have found so far...

Press and Hold these keys while powering the radio ON:

MENU + EMG = BAND selection (BAND 1 = 10m // BAND 2 - 12m-10m)

MENU + MODE = LCD segment test

CH knob + MENU = KEY TEST. This allows for testing all keys and knobs for correct operation

CH knob + EMG = BOOT (probably used for loading new firmware).

Lets see what else we can find!

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
That video appears to be gone - any help you can provide would be great!. (I have all the test gear, but no way to access the menu). I probably have one of the only 7900V's here in Australia, and I want to put it through its paces. Cheers!
You're correct, I watched the video link he sent me and it's only the frequency conversion method. He also sent me service info with software in a link that's stored into my pc. I'll have to take a look at it when I have a moment and will report back.

Reactions: Pez
You're correct, I watched the video link he sent me and it's only the frequency conversion method. He also sent me service info with software in a link that's stored into my pc. I'll have to take a look at it when I have a moment and will report back.
That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi all, after lots of detective work and button combinations I have found out how to access the Service Mode menu!

NOTE: If you do not have proper test equipment then you have no reason to be in this menu! The radio is fantastic out of the box and anything you change in here, will make your radio perform worse if you don't have the test equipment needed! You have been warned!

CRT SS 7900V TURBO - SERVICE MODE:

Step 1:
Press and hold MENU and MODE while you turn the radio ON. All LCD segments will show for around 2 seconds.

Step 2: Within this 2 second window, release the MENU and MODE buttons, and quickly press these keys, one after another (within the 2 second window): RB, NB, SCAN, MEM, EMG.

The radio will enter Service Mode.

Last edited:
What all is adjustable within this menu?
Everything that is adjustable in the radio is done in this menu... The options in the Service Mode menu are:

CH-01CH-01
CH-02CH-02
CH-03CH-03
CH-04VCOFRQ
CH-05BFOFRQ
CH-06TX-IQ1
CH-07TX-IQ2
CH-08TX-IQ3
CH-09FMPOWH
CH-10FMPOWL
CH-11FMRSSI
CH-12FMMOD
CH-13FMTONE
CH-14CTC
CH-15DCS
CH-16AMPOWH
CH-17AMPOWL
CH-18AMRSSI
CH-19AMMODL
CH-20AMMODH
CH-21AMTONE
CH-22ULPOWH
CH-23ULPOWL
CH-24USB PA
CH-25LSB PA
CH-26USBPWL
CH-27USBPWH
CH-28BPFUSB
CH-29BPFLSB
CH-30USBTON
CH-31LSBTON
CH-32RX BPF
CH-33TX BPF
CH-34UL SQL
CH-35UL SQH
CH-36AF SQH
CH-37AF SQL
CH-38ASQ H
CH-39ASQ L
CH-40AF RS1
CH-41AF RS3
CH-42AF RS5
CH-43AF RS7
CH-44AF RS9
CH-45AFRS12
CH-46UL RS1
CH-47UL RS3
CH-48UL RS5
CH-49UL RS7
CH-50UL RS9
CH-51ULRS12
CH-52RFG
CH-53SQTH
CH-54ASQTH
CH-55WXFRQ
CH-56WXSQ0
CH-57WXSQ1
CH-58VBAT
CH-59VER100

Last edited:
No way I hell I would touch that menu. Mine works great right out of the box!!!
Yes, they are the best out of box radio I have come across yet. You need the appropriate test equipment to be playing in here (which I have got).

This information is for reference, and for a change, it might be more useful to allow those in the know to turn some things DOWN, rather than UP!

Enjoy your rig! 73

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated