• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRT SS 7900V Turbo (latest version) Service Mode? (And more tricks)...

Hi folks,
I've put some informations together in an Excelsheet. Hopefully it is helpful for you. The description of the servicemenu items is from my experience of other radios and their short names on similar alignment settings.

I did not receive my CRT SS 7900V TURBO yet. It will arrive in 1 week soonest. So I can not guarantee or proove any of these findings.

But maybe it's helpful for you to write down your (maybe default) settings to complete the sheet.

vy 73,
Jochen, 13OP25

Attachments

• CRT SS 7900V TURBO (servicemenu settings).pdf
    63.6 KB · Views: 130
Hi folks,
I've put some informations together in an Excelsheet. Hopefully it is helpful for you. The description of the servicemenu items is from my experience of other radios and their short names on similar alignment settings.

I did not receive my CRT SS 7900V TURBO yet. It will arrive in 1 week soonest. So I can not guarantee or proove any of these findings.

But maybe it's helpful for you to write down your (maybe default) settings to complete the sheet.

vy 73,
Jochen, 13OP25
I forgot to say:
Any filled in default settings of YOUR 7900V's and to be published here would be VERY APPRECIATED! :)

Thank you very much.

Scott's radios set mine up perfectly and have no intention of ever going into that service menu. But..... if by chance it ever has to happen then I will share the findings.

Best export radio I've ever owned (I have owned many), lots of flowers on the audio from contacts made, the receiver has pulled in many a station from the mud and those are the reasons to be hesitant in messing with it.

Scott's radios set mine up perfectly and have no intention of ever going into that service menu. But..... if by chance it ever has to happen then I will share the findings.

Best export radio I've ever owned (I have owned many), lots of flowers on the audio from contacts made, the receiver has pulled in many a station from the mud and those are the reasons to be hesitant in messing with it.
Couldn't agree more. It is the first radio I have seen, straight out of the box, that is actually ready to go. I have had nothing but excellent reports and results with mine. (Scott's Radios do a brilliant job too - making sure everything is spot on. I would highly recommend him!)

There literally is no reason to mess with the service menu in these radios, unless you have proper radio test equipment (like I do). There is almost NOTHING to gain in there. And even then, that "gain" is subjective at best, because they are so good out of the box. (If anything, you might turn them DOWN a little, not UP!) I have been using the AT5555Nii and SS7900V a lot. IMHO, these are the best 'rigs of this type', ever.

Also be aware: ALL of these radios are setup individually in the factory. That means that no two radios are exactly the same (unless by chance). DO NOT use someone else's Service Mode settings/values as they will most likely be different, for a good reason! (Component tolerances, etc).

TLDR: you would be a fool to mess with the Service Menu in these radios unless you have a full test bench.

Hi folks,

vy 73,
Jochen, 13OP25
Please report back to the group and let us all know if your new 7900V includes the new "STEP" option (allows for a 5kHz step) - Menu number 6 in the normal menu, which has only just become available in a new firmware update. Anytone has this update now, we think CRT will have it too.

20221018_195255.JPG

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.