• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRT SS 7900V Turbo (latest version) Service Mode? (And more tricks)...

Please report back to the group and let us all know if your new 7900V includes the new "STEP" option (allows for a 5kHz step) - Menu number 6 in the normal menu, which has only just become available in a new firmware update. Anytone has this update now, we think CRT will have it too.

View attachment 60935
So k-po offers an update to the new version with 5khz step for the dx-5000 plus. Why wouldn't crt do the same?
Seems the only difference is software so it should be as simple as flashing to the radio. Anytone has even addressed the issue of their two different software versions.

Any replies from crt france?

So k-po offers an update to the new version with 5khz step for the dx-5000 plus. Why wouldn't crt do the same?
Seems the only difference is software so it should be as simple as flashing to the radio. Anytone has even addressed the issue of their two different software versions.

Any replies from crt france?
I have an update on this, and I will post it in a new thread shortly. Spoiler alert: Buy an ANYTONE, STRYKER or a K-PO, and DO NOT BUY A CRT RADIO if you want any firmware support at all.

CRT will NOT provide firmware updates to existing customers. They have told me this in writing. Unless they decide to give in to public pressure, that is their final decision. In addition, communication with CRT is basically impossible. They rarely respond to any email or request via their website.

The CRT firmware is different to that in the Anytone and Stryker's (I can confirm this, and they are not compatible, so please don't try to load the wrong FW into your radios as it WILL probably brick them). FYI, There are significant hardware changes on the CRT SS-7900V PCB that make the ANYTONE AT-5555Nii Firmware incompatible.

FYI, the firmware update process is very easy, and requires no technical skills at all to do - it is a simple software application that sends the correct firmware files to the radio, using the standard programming cable.

ANYTONE, STRYKER and K-PO WILL provide users with firmware updates (just like Yaesu, Icom and every other respectable radio supplier will). CRT France, who I previously respected as a company will not be getting any more of my business unless they change their current position on this. The lack of support and communication from CRT to customers is very poor. Anytone on the other hand, have been fantastic to deal with (sometimes not very fast, but very good communication all the same).

I won't support a company that won't support its existing users.

TLDR: Buy an ANYTONE, STRYKER or a K-PO. DO NOT buy a CRT.

Last edited:
CHANNEL CHANGE (ENCODER) ISSUES...

Two local stations are reporting issues with the channel change on the new CRT 7900V after a few weeks of use.

When changing channel, the radio often doesn't change, jumps 2 channels or moves in the wrong direction.

I'm aware that other radios have suffered with this problem in the past but you'd think they would have this sorted by now...

Has anyone on here had these issues with the channel change on the new CRT 7900V?

If it turns out to be a common fault I can see lots of people returning their radios.

Two local stations are reporting issues with the channel change on the new CRT 7900V after a few weeks of use.

When changing channel, the radio often doesn't change, jumps 2 channels or moves in the wrong direction.

I'm aware that other radios have suffered with this problem in the past but you'd think they would have this sorted by now...

Has anyone on here had these issues with the channel change on the new CRT 7900V?

If it turns out to be a common fault I can see lots of people returning their radios.
No encoder issues here on either my 7900V revision 1 firmware ,or AT5555N2 revision 2 firmware (same encoder used in both).

Reactions: Eldorado828

That's not good and if it's as common as you say then Anytone will see the same. So far my 7900v is doing great and has been on the air for about 3 months now. Hopefully it's isolated to just a few!

Reactions: 16DCG880 and Pez
Maybe worth mentioning but the cousin sr-955hpc (newest version) has had a small scale report of the encoder issue as well.

Perhaps it's certain batches of the encoders? One of my quad 6 suffers from the encoder issue but have learned to live with it.

Reactions: Pez
Hi all,

Has anyone here managed to get a copy of the CRT SS7900V firmware update tool?

CRT told me they would send the firmware update tool to me, then they never did, and now they won't answer emails.

Cheers,
Pez

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Hi all,

Has anyone here managed to get a copy of the CRT SS7900V firmware update tool?

CRT told me they would send the firmware update tool to me, then they never did, and now they won't answer emails.

Cheers,
Pez
I can not get any responce from CRT via e mail.
I have had better luck with Ken at Quxaing, but they are careful not to step on the toes of those brands that they build for.

Jeff

I can not get any responce from CRT via e mail.
I have had better luck with Ken at Quxaing, but they are careful not to step on the toes of those brands that they build for.

Jeff
Ken at Qixiang is fantastic. Qixiang/Anytone happily provide support and firmware when asked. But they will not release firmware for other brands, which is not only understandable, but also very refreshing to see Qixiang/Anytone operating so professionally.

Whenever you can, choose Qixiang/Anytone because they actually seem to care about their products and their customers. (Unlike CRT).

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Ken at Qixiang is fantastic. Qixiang/Anytone happily provide support and firmware when asked. But they will not release firmware for other brands, which is not only understandable, but also very refreshing to see Qixiang/Anytone operating so professionally.

Whenever you can, choose Qixiang/Anytone because they actually seem to care about their products and their customers. (Unlike CRT).
Hmmmm..... All I know is that they make multiple Amateur radios but won't publicly release a schematic or service manual for them. Even to verified hams that can legally work on the radio...

Just my .02

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Hmmmm..... All I know is that they make multiple Amateur radios but won't publicly release a schematic or service manual for them. Even to verified hams that can legally work on the radio...

Just my .02
Yes that's unfortunately true - the service manuals and schematics are not released which IS a shame - the reason is not because of wanting to hide information from customers or techs, but to stop the Chinese clones, which they see as a huge risk to their business. (At over 60% CB market share they have a lot to protect.). However, I agree that it is not good for the customers to keep that information hidden.

buon giorno
purttoppo ho smanettato troppo nel menu service
gentilmente mi potresti inviare
gli inserimenti ( numeri ) esatti di fabbrica
grazie

Bonjour
malheureusement j'ai trop bidouillé dans le menu service
pourriez-vous bien vouloir m'envoyer
les entrées d'usine exactes (chiffres).
Merci

Good morning
unfortunately I fiddled too much in the service menu