1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

damn i sure do miss using tapatalk for this forum

Discussion in 'Announcements & Open Forum' started by Se7en, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Se7en

Se7en Well-Known Member

never get around to making here anymore due to no easy way of accessing the website. i am just stubborn MEH!

Mudfoot likes this.

2. FatHam

FatHam Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

...and I miss the old "beating a dead horse" emoticon!

TonyV225, Se7en and Captain Kilowatt like this.
  3. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

I am on my phone right now. Never used tapatslk and never plan too. You are indeed just beating a dead horse. Accessing this site or any other is no different on my phone than on my laptop from home.

Now stop your bitching and let me get back to my meal at the Chinese restaurant I am in. It looks SOOOOOOOO good.

BJ radionut likes this.
  4. Se7en

Se7en Well-Known Member

OK dude. Trying out via mobile as I type this. I notice the page bounces up and down when I type...I guess it can't make up its mind to go to top of page or back where you type the reply. BTW Chinese is bad news for the bowels!!!!!! Especially if its like panda express lol

5. Captain Kilowatt

Staff Member

The page bouncing must be on your end. I have NEVER seen that happen on my laptop, my phone, or even my wife's tablet.

As for the Chinese food, yes I REALLY was at a Chinese restaurant on my phone when I posted above, was a small locally owned establishment. The food is always great, plentiful, and HOT too. Nothing I hate any more then being at a restaurant and being served a luke warm meal.

6. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

FWIW, there IS a bug right now with mobile devices that has the symptom you're describing. It only happens with specific browsers under certain circumstances. The issue is being worked on and hopefully will be resolve fairly soon.

7. Captain Kilowatt

Staff Member

I guess I don't have that browser and never ran into those certain circumstances. :D

8. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas Sr. Member

I must have that specific mobile browser. My phone is pretty old though. I had Chinese last weekend...stomach still a little off.

9. pro151

pro151 KB4RMA

I just signed in from my Galaxy Note 3 running Dolphin browser. Works like a charm!
    Especially with the amount of screen real estate you get with the Note 3.

10. 222DBFL

222DBFL Sr. Member

The new forum works fine for me as well on my iPhone 6 with safari browser. I do miss the tapatalk app but there is no issues I have had with the new site setup.

11. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas Sr. Member

My old android was unusable here. I think it was using the gingerbread operating system. The galaxy 4 I've been using for the last few days is fine. I stopped using tapatalk because the newer version sucks. The old style was cut and dry but the new tapatalk isn't for me.

12. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

They still have the old version on their website. The old version is fixed so it will never update itself. I never cared for the updated version either. The old classic version works great.

Here's a link for the classic version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/39z3wol2ynv0g0i/tapatalk_classic.apk?dl=0

543_Dallas likes this.
  13. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

B5CD268A-F1DC-44EB-86E9-657EADFAE74D.jpeg B2D4C919-6A84-4DF4-BA2A-4C04ECDE9918.jpeg E20D3BD8-DCD0-43C5-BA22-3CBAB5CBFAFB.jpeg

Figured I’d bring the dead back to just ask a question, was Tapatalk supported previously and dropped? Any chance of getting it back if it was?

Rwb likes this.
  14. Rwb

Rwb Well-Known Member

good ??? I am a member of taptalk n its ok

15. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

I like tapatalk but I got a feeling it’s not supported and won’t be. It’d be cool if it is/was/will be but I figured I’d asked.

Rwb likes this.