• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dangerous situation

Well, the short answer is that the mainstream media is wholly owned by the same multi-national corporations that are now essentially running the government. The company line is now the same as the government line.

It's the same reason that no serious debate took place before the war. Anyone who questioned the President was labeled a traitor, a non-patriotic, terrorist-loving, anti-Jesus, anti-american commie. The media went along with this. Let's see GE owns NBC. GE also has billions of dollars in defense contracts, and of course that number went up umpteen fold with the expenditures of nearly 600 billion taxpayer dollars on this fool's errand. There are like 4 companies now that own all the television stations! Same thing with newspapers.

The Press used to be the fourth estate, another layer of checks and balances. Now they are so intertwined with government, you literally have Republican talking points going straight from Rove's white house office to the staff meetings at Fox News.

Thanks to the internet, there are and were hundereds of millions of us worldwide that knew thtis was all a pack of lies.

And thanks to a little reading of the history of the region prior to all this, I knew that this would end in disaster, and said so repeatedly, only to be flamed and ridiculed. Such ignorance and hubris!

*end of mini-rant*

The author, Gary Hart lost al credibility on "Monkey Business". Remember Donna Rice.

It's just an opinion, not news.

On Edit: I should have said:

The author, Gary Hart lost all credibility over the "Monkey Business" affair. Remember Donna Rice.

It was his challenge to the press and the attempted cover-up that got him in trouble, not the act itself.

Rich---Hamin' X

Hamin' X said:
The author, Gary Hart lost al credibility on "Monkey Business". Remember Donna Rice.

Ok, thanks for that, Ann Coulter.

So if you have sex on a boat with a beautiful woman to whom you aren't married, you lose all credibility? I'd better shut up, then, because I have done that.

Sorry to have interrupted your bloodbath, go ahead and keep empowering the men responsible.

Hamin' X said:

That was in 1988, I find it simply amazing how some folks get so hung up on superfluous sexually related bullshit that it blinds them to reality. "Hamin X" because you seem to be one of those people, you have lost all of your credibility for the next 18 years.

Nope, it is not news but it is fact, just as it is a fact that this is the most corrupt Presidential administration since Warren G. Harding and Teapot Dome.

America is being pillaged from the inside out by faulty intelligence and poor leadership; you will probably dismiss that as another "Opinion" but, is it also just opinion that Bush was warned personally about the potential lose of life and property before Hurricane Katrina hit but did nothing before or after the event?

Back to Iraq; you want use the personal history of Mr. Hart to re-butt the facts that the US military is up to it's elbows in deep shat and could\will be overran by thousands of religious fundamentalists who have no love for each other much less the rest of the world.

As a student of history, I'm sure that you remember Dunkirk in WW-II?

History will testify to facts that "The Gang Of Six" should be tried as War Criminals and, the alcoholic puppet leader should be impeached.

Who was the "Gang of Six"? Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Powell, Rice and, Ridge.

Any and all loyal, dignified, discriminating and patriotic American citizens should feel used by this current administration; they have sold out Social Security, raided the national coffers, and placed our military in an untenable position.

They have abused the national trust and their conduct has been atrocious and outrageous; if you voted them in then you should feel some degree of responsibility and shame.

Whoa, there Paws. Couldn'a said it better myself.

And if it didn't p*** off enough people, let me add a suggestion for what to pursue after the impeachment.

Life in Spandau.

Okay, so Iraq isn't Poland. Or is it?

Just a thought.

Where to start?

With so many "facts" on your side, Paws, you should be the head of intelligence. Many so called "facts" are revised over time. Your assertion that "this is the most corrupt Presidential administration since Warren G. Harding and Teapot Dome", is pure wishful thinking. My reading of history shows that it was FDR's administrations that was the most corrupt of all time. I'm not saying that this was a bad thing. history has been kind to FDR, despite the unconstitutional things he did. They were, for the most part things that needed to be done and done expeditiously. He was willing to pay the price and did, in many cases. The listing of the manipulations of FDR is far beyond the scope of this forum.

You "liberals", excuse me, "Patriots", are quick to cherry-pick your "facts" from history and pseudo-history. Try looking at all of real history. You will say that we never would have had a problem with Saddam, if we had not given him the WMD during the Reagan years. Remember the "Cold War"? Remember FDR and Stalin? Remember "Lend-Lease".

Churchill had similar political problems and was thrown out of office several times. He was the right man for the right time, though. Not much talk about Covington though, is there? Of course, we could always take the Neville Chamberlain approach and just try to get along with the tyrants of the world.

Ain't it a great country, where we can say these things without fear of government reprisals. Excuse me, I must take cover, for I sense incoming rounds. ;)

Rich

2M Guy said:
LMAO. If you aren't a neo-con, you haveto be a liberal. :roll:
I thought that buzzing sound was my power supply. ;)

No, I'm not a "Neo-Con", I firmly believe in the soverignty of our country. More to the point, I firmly believe in the "Sovergn States" that our union is made up from. For the most part, government should be from the bottom-up, not the top-down.

Rich

Good article.

neocon.gif

2M Guy said:
Lincoln ended that. Now he's a hero. :?

Agreed. That's why we have the Roe v Wade problem. No states rights. At least they upheld Oregon's "death with dignity act" and left it at the state level. Maybe there is hope. :)

Rich

Highlander_821 said:
I hear that Milosevic's cell is available....Maybe Bush and Cheney could share it. I heard that the health care plan is to die for.

ROFLMAO at that one but you have to be careful, you don't want to be like that teacher who philosophically compared Bush to Hitler. You see what his reward was for "critical thinking", it doesn't pay to look any deeper than the surface.

To my thoughtful friend "Hamin X", you just might be right on your assertion; maybe I shoulda been the Intelligence Director, I could have done a better job, for that matter, there are hundreds of thousands of American citizens who would have done a better job.

Please, lets not take our eyes off the ball and become distracted by comparisons of Teapot Dome and the FDR Administration; the topic started out talking about the possibility / probability of US Troops being overrun in an out-of control civil war scenario in Iraq.

Sir, back to more relevant issues of THIS century, please do not muddy the waters by harking back to the days of WW-II, the 60's Cuban missle crisis, and the "Gug 'ol days" of Ronald Reagan; damnable lies led to our envolvement in Iraq and the same lies keep us there.

Was the flood waters in New Orleans just an opinion?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.