• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Feedback Please

binrat

WDX Club Coordinator
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
The Great White north
Since there is plans for more contests. What channels do you prefer?? SSB or AM?? Did the channels from the last contest work?? Duration, was 24 hours good enough or should we go to 48 hours??
There is plans for another contest in the near future so I want to try and get maximum participation from the members.

Thanks

SSB for me.
It would be nice to be able to work a couple of channels. 40 is always noisy for me and last weekend it seems it was now an AM channel. Even after asking nicely, the gent in Mississippi didn't want to move. That meant I was basically down for an hour. Having the option to drop to another channel would have been nice, even if it was a contest call and QSY.

I felt the duration was fine and actually prefer 24 hours over longer spans.

I also feel there should be a log template/outline so we are all logging in a consistent manner.

Reactions: 222DBFL
I agree with both tba02 and vkrules, at least let there be a few channels as the same thing was happening here, I could easily make contact on other channels that day, but 40 wasnt one of them. Maybe 36-40 with conformation of some type. And yes this would be SSB, of course. That still is fcc channels and we will have to maintain those freqs for the qso. I believe we had enough people participating, but conditions weren't there for a lot of us due to the qrm that was on 40lsb. Now this rule should apply to AM as well to keep everything on the same playing field but I think the channels should be in a group as SSB is. JMO. But it was fun and I would definitely try again!!

Reactions: wavrider
As posted before BINRAT, more Frequencies, 36 to 40 seems great dor SSB.

48 hours would be better IMO as QRM/Intentional jamming was a problem. Not to mention AM'rs from South of the Border on CH 40.

A nice log sheet would be great, word file that can be filled out online in a thread on the site would be fantastic.

I think all who participated enjoyed it and it was fun.

Thanks for coordinating it.(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

I agree with more time at least. It gives an extra day in case the band is weak on one of those days. I didn't make any contacts but I heard three members for a brief few seconds as the band changed.

It was a little odd to call cq on a CB channel and since my amateur call begins with WD I may have started to give my amateur call a few times before I caught my self doing it....WD8 instead of WDX..:rolleyes:

I'd play in another CB contest.

Reactions: wavrider
Good stuff vkrules, it nice to see that there are still some good guys out there keeping this hobby alive and well. Even us cb'ers. We gotta do it again soon for sure. Wish we would have had better conditions, but it's still fun!!

OK, thanks for the input.
I'm thinking the "20" channels for AM and "30" channels for SSB. Also 48 hours for duration and a simple Excel spreadsheet layout like this.

# Call Sign date Time channel SSB/AM Sig Rpt Remarks
The first row being the # would assist me in tabulating the number of contacts.

How does that look??

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.