• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Finally got my Base Station up and Running!!

AmericanEagle575

Supporting Sr. Member WDX-1863
Feb 17, 2016
Bellefonte,Pennsylvania
Well good afternoon Friends, as you might remember in my last post,I was slowly starting to put together my base station,well there's been a change in radios,went from the Ranger 2950 to the brand New Uniden 980 and the receive is night and day from the Ranger , it's so much better on the Uniden!!

IMG_20200815_152314303.jpg
Finally got everything hooked up to the Antron 99 and I checked the Swr on 1 and 40 and they were 1.1 on channel 1 and 40 was 1.3, didn't have to adjust anything!! I spent 2 hours on the roof getting everything ready ( my dad was my spotter just in case) and everything is going well!! I usually hang out on 38 LSB listening and my numbers are 575!!! Hope all of my radio friends have a great day and God Bless you all!!!

Steve
AE # 575

View attachment 39651 Well good afternoon Friends, as you might remember in my last post,I was slowly starting to put together my base station,well there's been a change in radios,went from the Ranger 2950 to the brand New Uniden 980 and the receive is night and day from the Ranger , it's so much better on the Uniden!! Finally got everything hooked up to the Antron 99 and I checked the Swr on 1 and 40 and they were 1.1 on channel 1 and 40 was 1.3, didn't have to adjust anything!! I spent 2 hours on the roof getting everything ready ( my dad was my spotter just in case) and everything is going well!! I usually hang out on 38 LSB listening and my numbers are 575!!! Hope all of my radio friends have a great day and God Bless you all!!!

Steve
AE # 575
Looking good, those unidens are a great value that's for sure. I have the wireless MIC for mine and can sit at the bonfire out back and never miss out on the action. No backyard BBQ would be complete without one. I am usually on CH 20am, but I get up to 38lsb often, hope to talk to you.
808 Central Delaware
Chris

Looking Good ! AE 1183 in RI will be looking to make contact .But only chatted with another AE member since I joined almost 2 years ago . Good Luck ! (y):) Stay healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

Reactions: G GOLLY WAlly
What's the long term plan?
I think I'm gonna try and get a 5 element Gizmotchi for the house and put the V quad on the shop radio. Haven't decided if I'm gonna keep the 102 as my ground plane or go with a commercial ground plane. I'm still tossing around ideas in my head, I've got to get something stout enough for a 5 element beam, and a stout rotor. I've noticed a few flag poles around this little town not being used, their the old school wielded steel pipe, not aluminum.

Reactions: HomerBB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated