• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Finally Passed my Technician & General this weekend!

Got my callsign today!! K04LMA now to get an antenna up that will let me work the world lol.

Congrats! Your info was most likely submitted timely via electronic means. That is great as some have received their callsign within one to three days since the database is now streamlined through online submissions and updates every hour according to a few sources.

Again Congrats K04LMA!

Congratulations! 40 meters is my favorite...What is your SWR without the tuner?
Thanks!

It was built for listening originally while I studied for my exams. Now I have to figure out what multiband design that I want to go with while keeping in mind that I currently have about 65' of G25 Rohn tower sections in my shop that hopefully will be up in a few months or less.

Do I use ladder line, Coax, how is the best way to make use of my FT240-43 Ferrite Toroids that I have? This is where learning, helpful advice, and experimenting comes into play. I am in no way an antenna expert.

Thanks again and hopefully very soon my callsign will show up in the database so that I can actually transmit.

Greg

Reactions: sunbulls
Greg: So many options, no good place to start. Guess what other equipment do you have besides the new 991A?
KW+ rated manual antenna tuner?
Will discuss the tower usage when you tell us where your looking to go operation wise.
What has your fancy "tickled" at this time?
All the Best
Gary

Gary,

The only other equipt that I have right now besides the 991A would be the MFJ993B (i believe that is only rated for 300W) an FTM-3200DR, and I am thinking of selling my Icom IC-751A and matching PS to recoup some of what I spent on the 991A. (I really hate to let it go as it is a great radio and in great condition, has excellent sensitivity as a Gen Band receiver. I believe it has the MARS/CAP mod too (across the entire Gen Coverage bands so buyer beware and stay within bounds.

If you do not ever hear back from me, it is because FedEx has decided to deliver my spool of 500' of RG8X today instead of tomorrow and the XYL is home today. :D

I want to get an amplifier but it seems that (just like guns and ammo today) everyone wants your soul and big $$$ to get one. I'd be happy with 600-800W here at the house.

Just outside of my big garage/shop there are approx 60-65' of Rohn tower sections and a 10' mast. (I just purchased 7 sets of new bolts for it from DX Eng)

I want to build a really nice multi-band dipole. I am trying to learn about making my own balun.

On a side note, I convinced my brother to get active once again and get his general. His license never lapsed but he has been inactive for the past 20+ years.

I sent you my contact info in a conversation. It is difficult for me to type at a sufficient rate as I have bilateral neuropathy due to a cervical spine injury so it takes me forever to type these days. I am an old man now..haha

Call or text me anytime. If you call the house you just have to follow the prompts to ring through. Robo dialers so far cannot follow verbal instructions so my phone rarely rings now. (y)

Look at our latest conversation for my info.

Have a great day brother!
TTYL8r

Reactions: YR Mason FL
After 40+ years of putting it off, I finally sat for and passed Element 2 & 3!
Now I must wait because the VE says that he sends the paperwork via USPS instead of electronically so that will definitely slow down my official update in the FCC database.

Congrats on passing both elements.

I can tell you a story about waiting 3 months (actually, it was 94 days, but who countedo_O) before the federal register was updated.

Reactions: YR Mason FL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated