• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT-891 Radio

Yes, I have a thru hole Puck mount on the rear roof right above the lift gate. The element I have is from my portable Super Antenna. I want the 56" element, but it's more expensive with oversized shipping. I have various whips from different mag mounts I can weld together to play with. Only thing I NEED to order is quick disconnect for the element.

Reactions: Slowmover
I scored a Little Tarheel II in a gadget trade. I have to buy a whip, as he lost it. Hope to have it installed soon.
I scored a Little Tarheel II in a gadget trade. I have to buy a whip, as he lost it. Hope to have it installed soon.

I used a 56" inch whip that I made by cutting the top from a 102" stainless steel whip.It works far better than the short whip that comes with them.You can't work 6 meters with that whip but it makes for a much better signal on 10-80 meters & far better on 40,60,& 80 meters.

SIX-SHOOTER

gonna add this little resonator spring.
$_1.JPG

Some of the Tarheel 2 videos I've watched, mentioned and showed a loading coil be added. I looked at the online manual. It doesn't mention it.

Did earlier Little Tarheel antennas have a need for that coil? The old dude I got the antenna from said he wasn't given one when he acquired the thing, a few years ago. He doesn't know anything about it.

I could make one for it, if it's supposed to have one. Do any of you guys have it with yers?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated