• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Good antenna analyzer without breaking the bank

Eldorado828

8-2-8 in the Lonestar state
Feb 21, 2016
The Lonestar State
I've always used a meter to tune my antennas but lately I've been interested in an analyzer. Until lately I've not even researched them very much and I see the costs start OK but get really pricey too. What's a good one that does well without breaking the bank? Thanks in advance fellas

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012

For a portable one, you can't go wrong with the Rigexpert line of analyzers. They're not cheap, they cost about $240 for the AA30 and go up from there.

Don't waste your time with the MFJ-259. It was good for it's time but is antiquated compared to the Rigxpert and others.

Even the used market doesn't seem to have many good deals on analyzers but you could get lucky.

For a portable one, you can't go wrong with the Rigexpert line of analyzers. They're not cheap, they cost about $240 for the AA30 and go up from there.

Don't waste your time with the MFJ-259. It was good for it's time but is antiquated compared to the Rigxpert and others.

Even the used market doesn't seem to have many good deals on analyzers but you could get lucky.

agreed. rig expert analyzers are the best bang for the buck. feature rich and fun to use. get one, you will love it.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.