• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got my Mauldulator today, WOW

If I weren't going to be needing my shovel soon for that fluffy white stuff I'd send it to Mol to help control this thread....

There is just so much that is difficult to believe about this thread, probably the worse if feigning ignorance and claiming to have all of this expensive gear including a $450 box... Then again I'm sure the Newbs are standing in line at MMM's door to plunk down all that cash, Just makes sense...;)

I for one recognize the writing style from other posts in other forums, Rik ya don't fool me....

MisterFatty,
Mole' works for a large national agricultural business. One of their products is fertilizer. Now you know why Mole' is rolling in all that money! The only really dangerous part is getting this stuff into sacks without getting any on the floor. And of course, not having a very good sense of smell really helps too.
Think about it...
- 'Doc

sorry i havent been on here for a while.

when i monitor my audio i get kind of screwed up with my words, this is due to my lag in my computer for audio processing. but when i do listin, i use both a regular reciever and i have a HIFI monitoring station about 10 miles away that is put over the computer and back to me. i try to make it sound good on both hifi and lofi, just because not too many people have cought the hook of HIFI like myself.

otherwise, loop a few coils of wire around the output coax and rectify it and into the headphones it goes.

sorry i havent been on here for a while.

when i monitor my audio i get kind of screwed up with my words, this is due to my lag in my computer for audio processing. but when i do listin, i use both a regular reciever and i have a HIFI monitoring station about 10 miles away that is put over the computer and back to me. i try to make it sound good on both hifi and lofi, just because not too many people have cought the hook of HIFI like myself.

otherwise, loop a few coils of wire around the output coax and rectify it and into the headphones it goes.

Ok, cool

Thanks for the info, Wayne

I thought 100% was ... well, all... everything. How can you have 101%, or more? I belive that falls right in with these people that have told me they can mod a D&A Phantom to do 1500 plus w/ 6lq6 tubes. OK, well I guess your just getting about 300% out of them then right? But in therory, you can never get 100% of anything dealing with electronics or electricity. I supose that is due to "heat".. or "loss" So im going to call BS on about 500% of the BS I here.

I thought 100% was ... well, all... everything. How can you have 101%, or more? I belive that falls right in with these people that have told me they can mod a D&A Phantom to do 1500 plus w/ 6lq6 tubes. OK, well I guess your just getting about 300% out of them then right? But in therory, you can never get 100% of anything dealing with electronics or electricity. I supose that is due to "heat".. or "loss" So im going to call BS on about 500% of the BS I here.
Only the last 2% count anyway:LOL:

Well I'm new to this cb game, and I'm sure 10 people are gonna jump in and tell me I am wrong, but here goes.

when you modulate a sign wave at 100% pos, and 100% or less in the neg. direction, with out flat topping the sign wave, you are only getting APROX. 45 to 55 % audio density.

This density is what is perceived as loudness to the human ear.

You can keep turning up the gain and over modulate, which flat tops the sign wave and pinches the carrier, your watt meter will really read very high numbers and have lots of swing and you WILL have that tight, pinched sound, if you are even able to be heard, I think you have thease people before, they sound like they are screaming into the radio.

From what I understand at this point in my small understanding of electronics is that if your equipment CAN produce more than 100% in the pos. direction WITHOUT exceeding 100% in the neg. direction and without flat topping the sign wave or pinching the carrier, you have achieved asymmetrical modulation, and in exact terms asymmetrical modulation would be considered distortion, as any sign wave that is not symmetrical is distortion.

Ok now for the weird part of the way it works, asymmetrical modulation ( a form of distortion ) will allow for more " head room ", IE 80 to 90 % audio density. IE your radio will be louder.

As far as the 1500 watts out of a 12 tube d&a Phantom, hell any 5th grader can make one do 1500 no problem, it will last about 5 seconds, you will get NO audio, and you will have to supply apx 277 VAC into the primary side of the transformers.

No sweat, actually this is not true, but I think you get the drift of what I'm saying.

I personally don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see.
(y)

If you truely interested please email me and I will try to explain more

Also their is a guy on here 302 that CLEARLY shows 300% + modulation, check it out
This guy also
http://www.cbtricks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4352.0

wahlrite@cox.net

You can rationalize anything if you put enough effort into it. It amounts to utilizing lack of knowledge to the maximum, seasoned liberally with meaningless buzz words, and baking till palatable to the uninitiated. It can look and smell quite appetizing, till you slice through the crust and find all the crap inside.
Be careful what people try to feed you, sometimes it ain't what it seems...
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.