• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Here is a 29 you guys may want just look at that scope..

He is almost as good as I am on the guitar. I'm going to get all of my guitar pedals out and hook them up to my ham radios and hang out with the boys on 14.313. First up will be my Peter Frampton talk box. and then maybe my VOX Fuzzbox. My Wahaa Wahaa pedal is going to be in the mix too.
Ironman Electric funeral all over again.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...06F09840D4575A7258D206F09840D4575A7&FORM=VIRE

Oh dear god please do this and video it. I want to see that so bad.

I never could figure out why my Madison always got poor reports. Even after it was recapped, aligned, ect ect. Until I saw this photo. Then it made sense. This is what it looked liked with it's audio limiter deleted and the modulation control turned up to the max. It all made scene with a single look at this picture.
1-Madison (extreme AM over-mod)~2.JPG
After the audio limiter was replaced and the proper adjustments made this was the difference. The best $50 I ever spent on my Madison. The outcome was night and day..
The importance of owning a scope (especially if your doing modifications) became abundantly clear to me after being able to see the repair results (on the scope.) It was obvious that certain mods should not be performed! .
2-My 2950DX with typical 97 percent on AM~2.JPG
Nothing but great reports now. Leave those limiters alone. Their there for a rraason. And stop letting your (especially) new rigs have those "tune ups" performed by the person who sold you the rig in the first place. If a rig is brand new it should need nothing but your ability to key and speak into the microphone. Just my 2 cent's. 73's

There is a video on youtube on how to play the riffs.

i love to play tony iommi riffs!

for me, the most fun song to play is fairies wear boots.
i just love how it swings.

one of my madisons is set up for external modulation, and i used to connect an analog mixing board to it, and plug my guitar into one of the mixing channels and a CD player to another and then play along with the music over the air.

that kind of stuff was a lot more fun when the channels were more crowded then they are now.
LC

i love to play tony iommi riffs!

for me, the most fun song to play is fairies wear boots.
i just love how it swings.

one of my madisons is set up for external modulation, and i used to connect an analog mixing board to it, and plug my guitar into one of the mixing channels and a CD player to another and then play along with the music over the air.

that kind of stuff was a lot more fun when the channels were more crowded then they are now.
LC
It no fun unless you can hear them going nuts about the racket.

I never could figure out why my Madison always got poor reports. Even after it was recapped, aligned, ect ect. Until I saw this photo. Then it made sense. This is what it looked liked with it's audio limiter deleted and the modulation control turned up to the max. It all made scene with a single look at this picture.
View attachment 28980
After the audio limiter was replaced and the proper adjustments made this was the difference. The best $50 I ever spent on my Madison. The outcome was night and day..
The importance of owning a scope (especially if your doing modifications) became abundantly clear to me after being able to see the repair results (on the scope.) It was obvious that certain mods should not be performed! .
View attachment 28981
Nothing but great reports now. Leave those limiters alone. Their there for a rraason. And stop letting your (especially) new rigs have those "tune ups" performed by the person who sold you the rig in the first place. If a rig is brand new it should need nothing but your ability to key and speak into the microphone. Just my 2 cent's. 73's
You have your head on straight!

In my 20 years on the radio, I can say most locals I've run into don't care what the scope shows, they want loud, crunchy, raspy audio, crazy swing from 0 to full power, etc., clean 100% did not sound good to them, was considered wimpy / weak sounding. Occasionally I'd run into some that liked clean audio, but the good majority wanted that overly blaring audio. I've played around with it all so I'm guilty of running over driven clipped radios, but ventured into clean / wider audio about 10 - 12 years ago and spent most of my time playing with that side of things.

You
In my 20 years on the radio, I can say most locals I've run into don't care what the scope shows, they want loud, crunchy, raspy audio, crazy swing from 0 to full power, etc., clean 100% did not sound good to them, was considered wimpy / weak sounding. Occasionally I'd run into some that liked clean audio, but the good majority wanted that overly blaring audio. I've played around with it all so I'm guilty of running over driven clipped radios, but ventured into clean / wider audio about 10 - 12 years ago and spent most of my time playing with that side of things.
I've heard rigs that have been modified have clean audio. Whats the point if the staion on the other end needs to ask the other station to constantly repeat what they're saying? That clipped over golden screwdrivered "super tuned"modification audio always and I mean always sucks. I swear those guys listening to that audio it. I find it difficult to understand what the hell most of them are saying. I don't know if there's a difference but I must admit to being a deleted audio limiter person myself. That's only with one single transceiver. My Sonar FS 2340 has had its audio limiter bypassed. I did it so I can use an amplified d104 or Demco modulator. I've used the amplified d104 on my Sonar but prefer to use a non-amplified d104 and the Demco modulator. I can say with 100% honesty that I get nothing but clear clean and loud ass audio reports when I with the Sonar. I have read and heard said on YouTube videos that the 2340 sonar and a Demco modulator is an audio monster. Audio monster might be stretching it just a little bit. But with that limiter bypass and a amplified d104 or Demco modulator they are one of the best (imo) am only 40 channel tube transceivers from that time period. I do understand that because of the limiter bypass there might be some bleed over as those modifications definitely cause second harmonics or at least cause them to be worse then a transceiver that hasn't had its limiter removed. I've never had anyone complain about bleed over. I don't know if there's a difference when doing such a modification on a transistorized radio as opposed to a tube rig but I must say that splashing anyone has never been an issue. Can bypassing or deleting an audio limiter on a transistorized transceiver and still sound good? My guess would be yes. I hear a lot of good sounding cb 11 meter transceivers on the air and I'm sure a large portion of those have had their limiters deleted besides other audio modifications. I guess the other factors are how high one turns up their power mic and if one should have a transceiver mic gain. And that too is turned up all the there can only be one outcome. And that is shitty audio! Very shity audio. The other thing I never understood is this 1 watt dead key carrier swinging to 30, 40 or even an insane 50 Watts. WTF?! I truly believe in the one to four method although I must admit I don't follow it. Don't get me wrong I'm not running a 1 1/2 watt carrier and having it wing to 50 Watts. But I do normally run all my transceivers at 11/2 Watts dead key swinging to 13. That ratio seems to drive my amplifiers just fine. And my audio reports are always decent. Do I have the loudest station on the air? Not by any means. But I can say with certainty especially in the case of the Madison. Since I had the Madison limiter replaced and some other adjustments the Madison now unlike before gets excellent reports. I know the difference between a clipped audio limiter in a Madison and a non clipped one. And the difference is tremendous. Without the limiter I used to get very poor reports. With the limiter I get very good reports both on SSB and AM. Keep the audio clean and don't concentrate on how loud you are. Loud doesn't always equate to clean clear audio.there's always a sweet spot and once you find it get out the crazy glue and stop turning those knobs every minute. 73

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.