• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Here you go guys if I had a place I would not share this LOL

What sourcery is this?

View attachment 26897
Not sure what you are referring to I guess I don't know how to post a link every time I try it just don't work.
This was posted in the St Joe MO area on craigslist as an all for $600 lot I think. I have not been able to make contact with him so I'm not sure he may want 600 each some think they have a gold mine, on the other hand, it could be he wants 600 for all.

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
I have no idea what that stuff is cause it appears to be from before my time, especially in radio. I was just being funny.

That’s probably not a bad price for all of it.

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
I have no idea what that stuff is cause it appears to be from before my time, especially in radio. I was just being funny.

That’s probably not a bad price for all of it.
These are all GLOW IN THE DARK Power amplifiers from a time when the tubes were about $4-6 bucks each and some of these amps had upwards of 12 tubes or even more. They were really good at taking out all the TV's in 6 block area but man did they warm up the atmosphere!

I don't know if anyone else noticed it but there is one very rare amplifier in the pile. Among the very first ever made for this band is the ECI chrome case 6146 amplifer. Grid driven with regulated screen and bias tubes. This amplifier matched the Courier 1M and is old enough to be in the first volume of Sams Photo Facts for CB. I've seen the BL-100 fetch a surprising amount of money on eBay and this amp is far more rare than a BL-100.

The big grey ones are some of the most powerful in the group. Those are tripple stage D&A Phantom's. As I recall they have six 6LQ6 finals and four 6KV6 drivers. I still think the most valuable amp in the whole group may be the weakest in output. That ECI black front and chrome case is exceptionally rare. Every other amp in the pile, I've owned or seen several over the years. Not once have I seen that ECI in person.

There is what looks to be an Excalibur or Sommerkamp Base (Saturn perhaps?) rack mount Base radio to drive them all.

OneRadio.jpg
(...one Radio to rule them One Radio to find them...
...One Radio to bring them all and into Darkness Bind Them...)

We'll keep filaments lit for you...​

The first person that owned a Varmint amp in our area was passionate about the Super Mod switch. After he applied it, everybody wanted one. LOUD…LOUD….LOUD…

So many people went nuts over that super mod switch like it was magic. All it did was force the driver tubes deep into class C. With no forward bias it would eat up carrier power to turn the tubes on. Thereby increasing the swing to carrier ratio as much as the RF cutoff that caused tons of bleedover. Quite possibly one of the "dirtiest" amplifiers produced when used in that mode.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.