• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HINTS and KINKS for the bench at my bench?

Lets see . . .

MicroWave offered up his observations and suggestions for improving OldTech's channel and wished him success.
All good there.

Handy Andy responded in his usual uniquely humorous style.
Nothing wrong with that.

Microwave took it the wrong way, knee-jerked, and called Andy stupid.

It's getting harder and harder to find threads where something like this this doesn't happen. (n)o_O But, that's pretty much how life is everywhere these days, so I guess it's to be expected. :(

One last observation . . .
Calling Handy Andy stupid is kinda like saying Faulkner's writing style was succinct and concise. :ROFLMAO:

Is that you tim "aka Snake Radios" ?

Maybe I should just start banning everybody that stirs up crap and uses an IP proxy to hide their REAL location. I have had several reported posts about him in the last week or so. If I had it my way proxy IP addresses would not be allowed but I don't have the final say on that just like anonymous email addresses like gmail, Hotmail, etc.

Captain Kilowatt,
I responded to a thread started by Klondike Mike (CDX304 fool) earlier and mentioned poop in my post.
My apologies! Please don't ban me! I have been learning so much on this forum!

P.S.
I don't know what an IP proxy is. But my real location is Fairburn, GA

A big THANK YOU to you for a tough job!!!

73's
David

Captain Kilowatt,
I responded to a thread started by Klondike Mike (CDX304 fool) earlier and mentioned poop in my post.
My apologies! Please don't ban me! I have been learning so much on this forum!

P.S.
I don't know what an IP proxy is. But my real location is Fairburn, GA

A big THANK YOU to you for a tough job!!!

73's
David

Nothing wrong with what YOU said. I was referring to someone else in my comment actually. (y)

Reactions: Dmans
Captain Kilowatt,
That was sent sort of “tongue in cheek” to lighten the mood a bit.

Seriously, thanks for what you do for this forum!!

73’s
David

Reactions: PoDuck
Maybe I should just start banning everybody that stirs up crap and uses an IP proxy to hide their REAL location. I have had several reported posts about him in the last week or so. If I had it my way proxy IP addresses would not be allowed but I don't have the final say on that just like anonymous email addresses like gmail, Hotmail, etc.
Almost everyone uses gmail, hotmail, etc. now days. Gone are the days where your ISP gives you an email address. I have email addresses that are not through those providers, but that is only because I have a couple businesses that I run that have their own domains.

As for using a proxy/VPN, while web proxies are still being used, they are becoming more and more rare for multiple reasons. First, transparent proxies have the same effect, while not masking the originating IP addresses, and don't require special configuration on the client's computer. Second, the amount of bandwidth available makes it so that is less necessary to use a proxy server to conserve bandwidth. VPNs, on the other hand, are being pushed like crazy now days due to privacy concerns. Organizations like FEE are pushing hard for them to be somewhat ubiquitous, just like they have been pushing to make sure every website uses SSL encryption. The use of VPNs is only going to go up in the future, especially as the cost of using a VPN goes down.

So, while it is frustrating, a mass block in these ways is unfortunately going to harm legitimate users more than illegitimate users.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.