• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Holy $h!+kis!!! now heres a station setup

I believe that TX site is the shortwave transmitter site of Radio Netherlands Worldwide in East Flevoland, The Netherlands. With a kilowatt plus into that curtain array with 22 dB of honest gain signals are BIG, I worked Peter,PA8A, a few years ago on 20m during a special event operation commemorating the liberation of Holland during WW2. He was at the SW site and the signals were absolutely incredible, I usually have no problem with signals from Holland anyway but this time the problem was too much signal. When he was beaming to south Asia I could turn the beam away from him and hear an echo caused by hearing him direct off the back of the beam as well as the time delayed signal as it traveled around the world and even the round the world signal was still quite strong. The closest I have ever come to something this cool was loading a 160 foot AM broadcast tower with 120 radials on 80m and 160m. that was fun but was omnidirectional.

Ide sure like to catch them fellas on the air someday. It would be cool to scan through thje bands and find their signal slaming the needle around on the S-meter LOL.

As far as the radio its impressive but pricey and Ide rather also have those antennas! I mean you could use an old Yaesu 101E and hammer the bands with those antennas ;).

That old Drake did look good.
Impressive array, got to love those wires.

Thanks for the video.

I've beeen there during one of the ham radio using the steerable antenna set up there.
Most of us here use the US P.A's i use the Heathkit SB-1000, new 3-500ZG in it, completely rebuild after 23 years of use including adding the softstart and protection circuits.

It's the antenna doing the work, the radio is a nice addition, but i would give up some serious stuff for that antenna array....:headbang

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.