• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Homebrew CB Antennas - A Compilation

My current antenna hanging off a balcony.
20220208_134321.jpg20220208_134110.jpg
About 16' of 12awg Wal-Mart wire that was lying around. $ I don't recall.
A $6 Home Depot 4x4 Nema 4x jbox. Inside the box is a 1:1 RF choke homebrewed from a mix 43 Fairite toroid and wound with 12awg solid yanked from some Romex I had.
Two otherwise useless Wilson heavy-duty stud mount top-halves I quit using on big trucks because they suck. No $ cause I bought them with Pilot points.
DXE RG8x that I already had.
Altogether maybe $25 sunk into it.
Have worked the UK on it with 30w and a good part of western Europe and some South America with about 90w. Maybe the best part is up to now none of the neighbors have bitched about it.

Add about 5% to length for 11m range.

Yes, I found that in The Antenna Book and had one up for a while. The feedpoint was only 1/2wl AGL so I'm not sure it offered much if any gain over the "V". Plus, the neighbors were giving it the stink-eye. No antennas allowed. Don't know why they haven't objected to the "V", but that's a gift horse.

Reactions: BJ radionut
My current antenna hanging off a balcony.
My first antenna after I receive my "Novice" license in 1979. I lived on 3rd floor in apartment in Iowa (nr Des Moines) I was elated to work Australia and New Zealand many times on CW. (my balcony faced West)
This was when 75 watts was "legal Limit" for Novice.
This is why the Kenwood "twins" (599D's) were made so the T599D's transmitter pair of 6146b's could have one final tube removed and be "in compliance"(y):love:

Reactions: Crawdad

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.