• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How do you hook up a....

Preamp.
Behringer Mic 2200. $100/new or $65/used. Best bang fer buck. A dedicated preamp is always better . . .

Does it have a headphone jack so you can hear your audio?
Hmmm its got a compressor....wasn't that what gave old broadcast news that "sound"?

Does it have a headphone jack so you can hear your audio?
Hmmm its got a compressor....wasn't that what gave old broadcast news that "sound"?

No headphone jack; sorry. No compressor in it either. Just a minimal parametric EQ. Which is the best kind of EQ to have and to use SPARINGLY.

The 2200 preamp is the one I use too. Looks like this:

DV016_Jpg_Large_182440_3d.jpg

Behringer ULTRAGAIN PRO MIC2200: Shop Pro Audio & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

I've read Robbs posts on HiFi setup an got ALOT of useful info from it, I have the HIFI rack going but use no mixer. I run
Nady sp5 mic-new $20.0 good starter mic 50-1200hz
To- Art Tube Preamp-used $39.0(upgraded tube)
To-dbx 131eq-used $39.00
To-Behringer Compressor-used $40.0
All useing XLR cable(balanced) straight into mic jack.
I run a 148gtl thats been modded to pass wideband audio, sounds great
May add a effects prossesor to add a hint of reverb and a exciter to enhance overall sound.....:tongue:

Awesome...post a pic. (y)

For the radio operator, Its more than good enuff;)

Does it have a headphone jack so you can hear your audio....I want to be able to hear how I sound and be able to make adjustments......if it is a stand alone it should have one?

Last edited:
You can use your radios talkback, if it has one or to get a true audio sample of your sound you'll need a second radio, no ant. hooked up.
Just have it nearby so you hear yourself, you may need to turn your rf gain down a bit. hope this helps

you'll need a second radio, no ant. hooked up.
Just have it nearby so you hear yourself, you may need to turn your rf gain down a bit. hope this helps

Yup. Put a dummy load on it too. Plug in a nice set of headphones to that radio's external speaker jack. Turn down the RF Gain on it too.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.