• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How do you hook up a....

The ptt does not key up my radio......it has a 1/4 stereo phone
jack on it....would that be the problem?:confused:

pttswitch.jpg

The tip and the long sleeve should give zero resistance when testing it with an ohm meter - when the button is pushed . . .

Zero resistance.
The plug has 2 black bands....that means it is a stereo jack...could that be a problem?

Zero resistance.
The plug has 2 black bands....that means it is a stereo jack...could that be a problem?

If it shows zero resistance only when the button is pushed; then it is working correctly.

You probably don't have the mic cable wired properly. But you do have an ohmmeter. Time to start learning how to do it now. If you can't do this; then take t to a shop that can.

If it shows zero resistance only when the button is pushed; then it is working correctly.

You probably don't have the mic cable wired properly. But you do have an ohmmeter. Time to start learning how to do it now. If you can't do this; then take t to a shop that can.

The meter shows a 1 then when I push the button it drops to 0.

I cannot figure it out......the ptt works on the mic....but not the pig tail?:scratchhead:

I ordered a couple mono phone jacks....I will replace the stereo ph jack with a mono jack and see if that makes it work. :)

Ok...here is what I got.....Behringer 802 mixer and a mxl v63m mic...I got it hooked up....the ptt works...it keys the radio......but I am getting very little audio.....the mic and mixer are working because I tested them by plugging them into my marshall amp....and they work good..and sound good....I cannot figure out why I am not getting audio when I key up the cb?

Ok...here is what I got.....Behringer 802 mixer and a mxl v63m mic...I got it hooked up....the ptt works...it keys the radio......but I am getting very little audio.....the mic and mixer are working because I tested them by plugging them into my marshall amp....and they work good..and sound good....I cannot figure out why I am not getting audio when I key up the cb?

Just because the cable keys up the radio, and the mixer/mic works thru a Marshall, doesn't mean the the radio/mixer cable is still wired correctly.

However; you are almost there . . .

Just because the cable keys up the radio, and the mixer/mic works thru a Marshall, doesn't mean the the radio/mixer cable is still wired correctly.

However; you are almost there . . .

On the 1/4 mono phone jack.....I soldered the white audio wire to the tip and pulled the shield back under the cable and pinched the strain relief clamp down on it....it worked before with the heil hm-12....hmmm stumped again? :scratcheshead:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.