• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How do you switch all those radios you run

nfsus

Yeah its turned off, touch it
May 9, 2011
Arkansas
What kind of switches do you guys run between all the radios and antennas? Or do you even run switches? yes, no, why, why not

Reactions: Rwb

I have amplifier with 2 inputs and 4(5) outputs. Switching automatically.
Than I have a few Daiwa's CS-201A and 2 MFJ 1704.
TRX have 3xin and 2x out.

I have an Elecraft Kat500 tuner that has 3 antenna ports. I have a multiband wire antenna, 10m beam (soon to be replaced by a tri-band 3 element Mosely antenna), and a dummy load hooked to the tuner.

I use an Alpha Delta 2 port switch for my 2 Kenwood radios and feed that into my HF amp. This lets both radio's use the same amp.

The RF out from the amp then goes to an Alpha delta 4 port switch. The other 3 ports on the Alpha delta switch are for my President HR2600 and a Galaxy CB radio.

The common out from the 4 port switch feeds my external SWR/power meter before going into the tuner.

This setup lets each radio utilize the SWR meter, tuner, 2 antennas, and dummy load connected to the Elecraft tuner.

The tuner has remote computer control software so I can fully setup the tuner for complete tuning control, auto band select for each antenna, and more!

Reactions: Rwb and Crawdad
A couple of Alpha Delta 4 port switches and and old B&W 6 port switch. Along with swapping patch cables for the rest.

I use an automatic radio switch Im designing. Right now till I get more parts in its 3 radios x 1 antenna.

I had a 2 port coax switch. I ended up taking it out. I use the old fashion way too. Unscrew the coax. Only running 2 outside antennas at the moment. one was taken up by my antique scanner, Realistic Pro-2001. I like the pretty red lights. I end up swapping radios for which ever radio I think about running the day. I keep a SSB radio mounted as a base.

I had a 2 port coax switch. I ended up taking it out. I use the old fashion way too. Unscrew the coax. Only running 2 outside antennas at the moment. one was taken up by my antique scanner, Realistic Pro-2001. I like the pretty red lights. I end up swapping radios for which ever radio I think about running the day. I keep a SSB radio mounted as a base.
Old fashion way never fails either

Reactions: Cookie55

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.