• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How many radios do you run?

I have two shelving units like the kind you’re buying Sam’s Club. I guess they’re about 3 foot across 4 feet high with four shelves on each one. There’s radios on six of those eight shelves and the other two are full of microphones desk Mike and hand mikes. I can’t list them all I’ll be here till midnight. HF, 11,10 meter, 70cm, 2meter, 220, 440, all 10,11 meter ones have sideband and where legal FM. My 857 Yaesu has 2meter 440 sideband too. Newest one has DMR.

I usually keep something new all the time, but my favorite radio is my Lafayette SSB – 140. The receive is fantastic and it’s nice and quiet as far as static or noise. Yaesu seems to be my 10 m Radio of choice.

Reactions: Rwb and whiteastro
To correct one of my previous post I really have 3 SSB Bases, I must have forgot one of them. A Cobra 2000 with extra channels, a GE Super Base, and a Galaxy DX 2547 which is going to be Modded in the future. And way more Mobiles than a man needs. And accessories out the WaZoo. Been telling myself I have to Get A Grip ! LOL

Reactions: Rwb
I usually keep something new all the time, but my favorite radio is my Lafayette SSB – 140. The receive is fantastic and it’s nice and quiet as far as static or noise. Yaesu seems to be my 10 m Radio of choice.
I gave my brother my Lafayette 140 and Super Sidekick ,they are a good old radio.
He did recap-alignment and it is on the air often, the best part of it is I get to hear it on the air.
You can only talk on one at a time.......

Jeff

I gave my brother my Lafayette 140 and Super Sidekick ,they are a good old radio.
He did recap-alignment and it is on the air often, the best part of it is I get to hear it on the air.
You can only talk on one at a time.......

Jeff
Funny I use the Lafayette Range Boost desk mic, has to be made by Turner, same body as the +3 but 6 wire and black

i must be getting over that sickness .gave 1 away and got 3 up for sale but that $$$ is going to a bigger radio item
Sounds like your still struggling with weening yourself off like a lot of us in here. LOL

Well lemme phrase it like this.
Over my shoulder stood my wife.added last part when she said be back got to let dog out.
Lol that's funny but I totally understand, I've got a wife too. Good one!

• Haha
At times id prefer alone then i say no way alone.
Im sure she crosses my line too
A man has to do what works best for himself. I'm not saying my way is the best way but I've always been a Head Strong Independent Type with many hobbies to keep my mind occupied. And being an Old Fart helps ! What ever Floats Your Boat. LOL

• Haha

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.