• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR2510 crazy display *HELP* look *pics*

pumphouse

Sep 2, 2005
Got this 2510. It transmits, receives perfectly. Problem is that im getting this crazy display as pictured below. The radio is set on 27.085 but thats not what the freq display is sayin'. when you try and change the channel, you can see some of the little led bars move but you still cant read the frequency.
IMG_0862Medium.jpg

IMG_0860Medium.jpg

Can anyone out there lend a helpin' hand this way?

Thank you in advance :)

I'd take a good look behind that display and look for any broken/poorly soldered wires, or cold solder joints. I had an HR-2510 that had about the same display fault and it ended up being a cold solder joint. If all solder joints look good, I'd check the voltage regulators to make sure one of them hasn't gone fault. Since I don't have my schematics handy, I can't tell you the exact location, Look for anything that has a 7805/7808/7809/or 7812 on it, and check with a voltmeter.

Sorry I can't be much help, as I am away from all my materials ATM, but try those two things first. Good luck!

-Exit

Check the caps on the display board, I have read that these can go south. Check all connections as in the previous post and try unplugging them them reinstalling. Rarely the display can become static charged so you might want to check all grounds and tighten (not too tight) the chassis screws.
The microprocessor "tells" the display driver what to do so check the connections to the various boards. This can be fun! :headbang

mechanic

Mechanic and exit13.....i will try those tests and see what we come up with. I will update on progress.

Thats why I love this forum. Genuine help.

Thanks guys!

Pump

Thank you Rogerbird!

I will get to these little caps in a few days, test it, and will update progress here.

Much appreciated,
Pump

FIXED!

Rogerbird, You are "the MAN"!

Your detailed instructions were on the money.

The problem was those three caps you described in your post. Incredible.

All three were changed and my beautiful 2510 is back in operation.

Under $5 to fix :)

If it wasnt for you, id probaly leave it on the shelf to collect dust, or use it for parts.

Rogerbird, you got PM

Pumphouse

PS Thank you to everyone (mechanic/Exit13) who helped out with this problem. I tested the IC's and the voltages were all good. You guys all led me on the right path. Thanks again to everyone!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.