• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HUAGAO SEMICONDUCTOR CO., LTD.

CaptainKillowatt you are right. My insomnia has been acting up and my post's reflect this. Sometimes I do not sleep for days and sleeping pills do not always work either. So often after many hours lying in bed and being frustrated I get up and cruise the internet for 15-20 minutes than try again. Last night was the first time I slept in 3 days and I got about 1 hour of sleep sleep divided over 8 hours. The sleeping pills that my insurance cover which is only Ambien generic does not work that well for me most of the other stuff might as well be M&M candies because they do nothing.

I have tried sleep hygiene programs, meditation, giving up caffeine for months at a time, Melatonin, Valerian Root, Hops, Kava-Kava and the list goes on...

I hear ya. I too get very little sleep however I am not as bad as you appear to be. I do however suffer from Ice Pick headaches when I get tired completely out and that starts a bad cycle because they will keep me from sleeping which leads to exhaustion which leads to more ice pick headaches etc. Sometimes they are so severe I break out in goose bumps and can hardly remember what I was just talking about. Thank God they only last seconds or a minute or so but they certainly do live up to their name I tell you.

Also most LDMOS units people build for mobil use run at 48V not 100V+ like you would do for base station use. Since ever house in America has 110/220 available it would be silly not to take advantage of that fact and design accordingly on a car trying to get to 50V safely in a package that is not a monster that is reliable is a chore because unlike tubes that where high voltage but low amperage for the most part LDMOS have the same current requirements as a Bipolar but need a minimum of 48V to have significant gain and even better to have 100V or more depending on the part.

I have not seen LDMOS devices rated for 100 volts or more for common use however they may exist. Normal voltages are 28 volts and the almost universally available 50 volt devices. I see they now have a 1.5 Kw device rated at 50 volts.

http://ca.mouser.com/new/NXP-Semiconductors/nxp-mrf1k50h-transistor/

Off topic but if your an insomniac you have nothing better to do at night so you may as well read my babbling.;)

For those with sleep problems research "resistant starch" and "glycine", potato starch is a resistant starch and pretty cheap. What I do morning and night is I drink a mix of two parts any fiber supplement and one part potato starch, in the evening shake I add a little glycine powder. This in addition to a reduction in caffeine helped me sleep better.

As usual YMMV but it's worth a shot.

Off topic but if your an insomniac you have nothing better to do at night so you may as well read my babbling.;)

For those with sleep problems research "resistant starch" and "glycine", potato starch is a resistant starch and pretty cheap. What I do morning and night is I drink a mix of two parts any fiber supplement and one part potato starch, in the evening shake I add a little glycine powder. This in addition to a reduction in caffeine helped me sleep better.

Most of my sleep problems occur for about a week a month centered around the full moon. :whistle:

I think you are forgetting, LDMOS are not forgiving when it comes to overdrive. On the inputs they are not forgiving. Overdrive them just a little and pop. They will easily destruct and I mean easily. Example blf188. 3-4w pep drive is all that is needed. I overdrive one twice with 6w pep and it gave up. $180 part. I didn't try that again.

They will easily destruct and I mean easily. Example blf188. 3-4w pep drive is all that is needed. I overdrive one twice with 6w pep and it gave up. $180 part. I didn't try that again.
I have seen a two 188xr ldmos device box online, the stated input for that box was 30 watts p.e.p., I had a hard time finding the input max on a single device in the datasheet
(just didn't see it anywhere) and understand the amplifier may have had a custom internal input attenuation scheme.

Reactions: NZ8N and kaos513

Valium works for me.

Reactions: kaos513
GateKeeper, I have seen a video on your YouTube very short one where you're in the mirror talking about Fatboy amps there is no way that you were in the Vietnam war, and to be honest you just lost some of my respect.
I don't lol about war, it is not a laughing matter.

Also how many books have you read in the last four years of your endeavour?
About as many as I have... That is a fact. We could both be doing so much better by now.

Take care GateKeeper1883, & when you build an amplifier a ham would be proud to own.. Then I will respect you.
LOL, hey brother that was just a funny little comedy skit that I made years ago. I was making fun of my self lol lol. I'm only 35 years old. I was trying to sound like a old school country boy. Was just being stupid I think I uploaded that way back before I even turned my amp building hobby into a business. Me and my brother always use to do comedy skits growing up. You should check out the one where CB Operator gets sued lol that was completely freestyle. I don't even remember the statement about vietnam war, i know growing up I always use to use a statement when I was changing my voice and doing comedy skits and would say I fought in the vietnam war not to make fun of the war but to act as if I was a old guy. War nothing to make fun of PERIOD!

guess I need to go find that old video and delete it. I just have that type of personality man, I act crazy when I'm happy and in a good mood. My brother though is the genius at it and changing voices. Sorry that I offended you though. God bless.

I have seen a two 188xr ldmos device box online, the stated input for that box was 30 watts p.e.p., I had a hard time finding the input max on a single device in the datasheet
(just didn't see it anywhere) and understand the amplifier may have had a custom internal input attenuation scheme.
max input is around 1.5w rms per 188.....stay tuned I will be realeasing my ldmos line of amp videos here soon.

To be fair, many 11 meter amplifier builders copy a very old design. I'm curious who first engineered this classic design?

The first really usable bipolar RF transistor linear amplifier for both AM and SSB was designed by the legendary Motorola design engineer HELGE GRANBERG, in Motorola Application Note AN 762 published in the Motorola RF DATA MANUAL, 1977. This data manual was reprinted as the RADIO SHACK/MOTOROLA RF DATA MANUAL and was sold in RS stores in '78-'79. A simplified version of Granberg's design by Tom Bishop was also published in the same manual in Motorola Engineering Bulletin EB 63. Both of these are available in pdf format online.

Granberg also did groundbreaking work in RF linear amp design (2-30mhz) using power mosfets. His design paper (Motorola EB 104:"Get 600 watts RF from 4 power FETs" was published in 1982 and was years ahead of its time. It is also available on line with full schematics, board layouts, and design info.
Granberg partnered with another Motorola RF engineer, Norman Dye, and released RADIO FREQUENCY TRANSISTORS - PRINCIPLES AND APPLICATIONS in 1993.
Both the manual and the later book are a must read if you want to know it all about solid state rf amplifiers. Lots of heavy math in all of the papers, but today's desktop calculators make it very understandable.

rf manual.jpg

rf trans.jpg

I just have that type of personality man, I act crazy when I'm happy and in a good mood. My brother though is the genius at it and changing voices. Sorry that I offended you though. God bless.
All understandable my brother, no hard feelings, God bless you.
Keep on keeping on man, I don't care what side of the radio hobby anyone is on, as long as they are responsible and enjoy it, then I'm happy.

The MosFet technology really is great.
Unit_399, Thank you for the excellent information.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated