• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I got a new hobby

I love my old browning auto .22lr with CCI velocitor rounds it shoots sub MOA groups at 75 yards. I have killed so many squirrels with it. One day i will get "cranium cracker" engraved in the barrel lol. Had it for over 30 years now, same scope and all and it still shoots like it was new! Great little rifle. Have shot so many different animals with it, it would probably be my survival tool if I had to choose. Has never let me down ever! Anyway just my 1 penny.

I love my old browning auto .22lr with CCI velocitor rounds it shoots sub MOA groups at 75 yards. I have killed so many squirrels with it. One day i will get "cranium cracker" engraved in the barrel lol. Had it for over 30 years now, same scope and all and it still shoots like it was new! Great little rifle. Have shot so many different animals with it, it would probably be my survival tool if I had to choose. Has never let me down ever! Anyway just my 1 penny.
Sounds better than melon hunter.
I inherited a Winchester model 67 made between 1935-37 that used to be my dad's. It shoots extremely accurate especially after spent time cleaning decades of lead buildup out of the bore. I can see the rifling now. It has a 27" barrel. I recently replaced the front sight on it As my brother 30+ years ago filed off the bead for small targets far away. It does need to be bead blasted and polished and reblued to eliminate the red hue(surface rust). My dad refinished the wood stock on it which is beautifully done as he did custom work working all his life. Wouldn't mind having a scope fitted on it.

Being an avid reloader for many years I find this hard to swallow. Firing one caliber round into a smaller bore barrel is just plain stupid if not impossible. The minimum that would happen would be the .22 bullet getting stuck in the .17 part of the barrel. The worst that could happen would be catastrophic failure of the breech or barrel or both. There must be more to this.

On a more factual note..I learned that a 5.56 round will penetrate the 1/4 inch steel plate on my handgun caliber spinning target. I though it missed it but when I checked it there was a perfect hole through the center. The 5.56 round at 25 yards went through the steel plate like it was butter.

I'll also endorse the .17 hmr. I can shoot sub 1/2 groups with mine at 100 yards. It's an amazing little round and the ballistic nylon tipped bullets will tear up vermin at that distance.
I think you can buy hardened steel targets nowadays. On Hickok45's YouTube channel he made that distinction between regular steel targets he has and the hardened steel ones he has as well. He's cautious as to which ones he shoots with rounds such as .223's.
http://blog.moatargets.com/?p=27
http://www.actiontarget.com/portable-targets
Any denting of your targets and if you don't have them angled down may result in rounds ricocheting back at you.

And other weird stuff such as spinning bullets.

And penetration on metal plates.

Last edited:
Just got the new scope on couple days ago. It's a Hawke 4x12 AO MP6
It's a 25 cal.

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated