• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I hate meecees to pieces

Red austrailian sheppard kills all rats n mice he sees.sadly he is aging n he has arthuritis .but he misses a rodent he gets upset n stays on guard for an hour or another shows up

Reactions: S&W357
dog.jpeg

That freaking dog is better than the stupid cat that hangs around here, good doggie!

The cat that “lives” here, he’s so lazy and sorry you have to chew his food up for him like a momma bird. My wife says “you have to cut his food up for him or he won’t eat it”.

I say “(insert expletives here) that cat, his (more choice adjectives) will starve if he waits for me do more than pour dry food in a bowl”. And he’s an outside cat...not a house cat. And he’s a trouble maker, comes running home with a pack of cats chasing him.

He’s smart though. He runs to my dog cause he knows those cats won’t come near my dog. My dog looks at him likes he’s retarded or something, drags him over to the porch and treats him like he’s her baby. Sometimes I’d like to kick my dogs ...

Kop , What is it with lazy cats? Same here , we have 4 , every once in a while the double pawed Tuxedo cat will leave us one to let us know she is earning her keep . But the others ? Doing what they are doing as a type ... " Napping " ! Must be that high $ Rachael Ray food my Xyl feeds them . Cheap TSC food is not good enough for " her " cats .:rolleyes:o_O:LOL:

I see and hear this complaint. Cats have the drive and the tools (Google “singing mice”), but not always the skill. Meaning their Mama didnt train them. Some need it.

Cats have a reasonable fear of injury. Rats are tough. Cat claws and teeth aren’t up to abuse. So, knowing how to make the kill in an exact manner throws them for the solution.

Some prefer mice

Some prefer birds.

Rats and squirrels are a whole other class of prey. Hawks, coyotes and even bears are wary of rats. Mice, on the other hand . . . .

Rats are what an entire range of dogs were developed to tackle. The dogs snout protects the eyes and ears. That prey drive is awesome to watch.

I’ve some ranching relatives who talk about the cats they’ve driven far to acquire as it’s from a line known to tackle rats. Motivation, size, training & skill.

The right cat and the right terrier are about the only solution per household pets.

As vermin are a huge problem for vehicles (behind the wall fire in an RV from chewed wiring will total it even if controlled) it’s worth looking into the topic of RODENT PROOF CONSTRUCTION.

Head over to the INTERNET CENTER FOR WILDLIFE DAMAGE MANAGEMENT.

If you will acquire pets who earn their keep, consider that accommodation in your efforts. And the vet bill plus shorter life.

A cornered rat is vicious. Think instead, “ambush” for the predator convenience. How-to-build

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
A long time ago we had a house with the laundry room off the back of the kitchen. One night we were sitting in the kitchen talking and I heard our pug chomping on some dog food in the laundry room. I thought that he was really crunching on the food, then I noticed that he was asleep in the corner of the kitchen...... so I turned my head slowly to the laundry room door way and there was a huge rat looking at me! By the time I got up he was gone. I found the hole he was getting in through and stuffed an SOS pad in it. This made the rat laugh as he pushed it out I am sure. I was going to put out some poison but I was afraid that the kids or dog would get into it and I didn't want a dead rat stinking up the place so I did the next best thing. I bought a rat trap. Just like a mouse trap but bigger.
I baited the trap with peanut butter and set the trap and waited. Strangely, it took a few days for him to come back and I wondered if he had left on his own. Fat chance. I had been waiting every evening to hear either the dog food crunching or the trap. Finally the trap sprung, but by the time I ran in there he was gone! The rat had drug the trap across the floor and left it by the escape hole! So I thought that if I could keep the trap from moving, I would get him for sure. I took the trap and screwed it to the floor with a single drywall screw. The next night I waited and the trap sprung and I ran out and the rat was gone. The trap was still in place and apparently the screw made it easier for the rat to pull out of it because he had something to pull against. So then I started thinking about how to make the rat trap more like a bear trap. I took a few drywall screws and ran them through the bottom of the trap board right up by where the bail comes down. It was hideous looking for sure. I did not screw it to the floor this time and set the trap and waited. The next evening, I heard the dog food crunching again and so I ran out there. The trap was not touched like he thought it looked too scary. The rat knew it would get him so he didn't mess with it!
I gave up and decided to quit playing with the rat. I nailed a piece of aluminum flashing over the hole. Then I got some Ramik bars and threw them under the house and I never saw him again or smelled him either.
The End

No rat's here , they left when the " So called " farmer down the street cows and pigs did ! He was stock piling Expired Food Bank Vegetables for a while . They did pass through and it gave me something to shoot @ for a while , That was @ 10 years ago . My cat's are not allowed outside , life expectancy here is good for them do to all the predators , sad we learned the hard way when we moved here over 20 years ago . Now if one gets in and they are not too tired from napping they might leave you a gift .:LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.