• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I Hate This New Site!!!

Do you have any metrics to support that statement?
I don't see a thing wrong with the new site ...........
Screenshot from 2014-08-21 13:15:36.png

If you look up, 80% of my screen is ads and 20% is chat, lol. You have it good!

Your screen print actually helped me notice that one of the ads was misbehaving and showing when it shouldn't so I turned it off.

There is also another easy way to get rid of almost all the ads....

The chat was a long standing request from many, many members of the site for the last several years. It's just another way to interact with the site members. Noone says you have to use it.

Reactions: Mudfoot
Your screen print actually helped me notice that one of the ads was misbehaving and showing when it shouldn't so I turned it off.
Cool.
There is also another easy way to get rid of almost all the ads....
If I paid to be here, I'd certainly expect to get rid of all ads, not almost all.
The chat was a long standing request from many, many members of the site for the last several years. It's just another way to interact with the site members. Noone says you have to use it.
I wasn't complaining about chat, in fact I wasn't complaining about anything. I was just making an observation. If I get to the point where I'm frustrated with the site I'll just be on my way, I won't complain.

After playing with it a bit I like the new site and its layout. I'm not going to say that it is better or worse than the previous layout, but it is very usable. It is definitely different, but I would call this layout more intuitive than the previous layout once you get used to it. And the dark background can be changed... I'm the color Pride myself... ;)

Hmm, the color "Pride", that reminds me of a time I was playing UNO and a friend tried to choose the color "seven" when playing a wild card... Anyway...

The only complaint I would have is the fact that I have to go to "More Options..." to get to a preview button. (Looking around this reply applet to make sure I'm not missing a preview button... nope, its not here...) All in all though, I'm not worried about that one extra click...

In the end it is a big change that everyone is getting used to. I personally like it.

The DB

Reactions: FatHam and binrat
George.....to quote a post click on REPLY directly at the bottom of that post. It automatically quotes it. The +QUOTE button (note the + sign) is for when multi-quoting things.

Yeah thanks Garth, I figured it out not long after I made that post and just before my BB browser crashed, lol, Once I switch to the Nokia in next couple of days hopefully will load faster and not conk out browser, although in fairness may not be the site, Blackberry has had a mind of its own since I dried it out after I conked out somewhat mangled and drowned it, again lol 73

How do I turn off CHAT? How do I turn off Members online? I don't care and I don't want to see this on EVERY page. 40% of my screen is wasted with this.

Not yet; pretty much anecdotal from members telling me at this point, Cap'n.

I thought the old site was much more easy to maneuver around. I don't do computer on my phone.

I can't and won't speak for others,..... but, it's clear that that forum powers that be are not even listening. "new" is not always "better".

QRZ doesn't seem to have issues with their "old" format.

I used to check in here at least once every day, this is the first time I have been here in around 2 weeks.

dit dit

Reactions: Klondike Mike

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?