• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I Hate This New Site!!!

I've just taken a tour around this new site and so far I've not encountered any probs. I agree with Tony V225 when he says about the more you play around with the site the easier it becomes to do stuff on it. I'm using a laptop as I haven't got a smartfone but did try to navigate the site with my nokia c2 and that was difficult in itself, but its a basic level phone so no biggie there. I'll be sticking to the laptop when revisiting this site. Fairplay to Moleculo and the rest of the team for all the hard work that goes into a project of this size and stature.

The save button isn't showing up on my iPhone. Maybe the full site is needed?
You don't have the ADStyler on iPhone, but mine saved the color now I can't get back to the default gray.

One thing I've noticed, the text box doesn't auto scroll as you type on an iPhone … that's kind of a pain.

Mine won't stay it changes back as soon as I change topics. Oh, where's the beating the dead horse icon hope we didn't lose that too.

Reactions: binrat
Mine won't stay it changes back as soon as I change topics. Oh, where's the beating the dead horse icon hope we didn't lose that too.
I just reselected the color again just to be sure. It stays put but after I select the color I straight to new posts just to get off that page.

when something works dont try to fix it .

I've seen the old "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" a number of times, but NEVER from anyone who actually works on the back end of the site and keeps it running. A little tough to judge what's broke and what isn't unless you've had to fix it now, isn't it?

It wasn't done for revenue as some have implied, without coming right out and saying it. It was done to be more stable, more secure, and it now scales itself to what ever type of device your open it with without using a third party application like tap a talk.

The conversion was a HUGE PIA, that will continue to be tweeked, tuned and improved.

You probably hated getting used to your new cell phone too, but you did.

I've seen the old "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" a number of times, but NEVER from anyone who actually works on the back end of the site and keeps it running. A little tough to judge what's broke and what isn't unless you've had to fix it now, isn't it?

It wasn't done for revenue as some have implied, without coming right out and saying it. It was done to be more stable, more secure, and it now scales itself to what ever type of device your open it with without using a third party application like tap a talk.

The conversion was a HUGE PIA, that will continue to be tweeked, tuned and improved.

You probably hated getting used to your new cell phone too, but you did.
I'm starting to get used to it little by little. The cell phone example hit the nail on the head. I hated the new 7.1 operating system compared to the 6.0 operating system on the iPhone. Avoided it as long as I could. Never upgraded the iPhone 4 because I didn't like it the new system. When it came time for free upgrade to the iPhone 5 i got it hated it for a week or so now I actually like it better. Same thing will happen here sooner or later. A year from now no one will remember the old look.

I'm starting to get used to it little by little. The cell phone example hit the nail on the head. I hated the new 7.1 operating system compared to the 6.0 operating system on the iPhone. Avoided it as long as I could. Never upgraded the iPhone 4 because I didn't like it the new system. When it came time for free upgrade to the iPhone 5 i got it hated it for a week or so now I actually like it better. Same thing will happen here sooner or later. A year from now no one will remember the old look.
Old look?? What is this old look you speak of.
IMHO, get used to it or move on, stop whining about it. Changes are made so lets enjoy the site.

Reactions: FatHam

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.