• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I passed my tech exam

Mongoose

Mar 11, 2009
Warren, Michigan
So I had taken my exam on July 21st and passed with only 4 wrong and by July 30th it was on the FCC website. I am pretty happy with that, I am now KE8BTI and using a Baofeng UV5R, GT3 MarkII and a UV-82.

Reactions: Robb

Congrats. USECA on 147.18. Best club in SE MI. And I am not a member, so you know I am not biased.
Rich

Reactions: Mongoose
Congrats(y)

While the exam is still fresh in memory study for general you will ENJOY the privileges as soon the solar cycle will decline and the lower HF bands will still be active

Reactions: 2RT307
Congratulations Mongoose! Tech is fun, but General is WAY more fun. I agree with the other guys... study up while it is still fresh, and upgrade as soon as you can.

I started with a UV5R, but later got the UV82. I can't gripe about a 38 dollar HT, but the 82 is a much better HT. Have fun!

Brett

Reactions: Mongoose
Welcome to the amateur bands!

Yes, just as most people here are saying, go for your general while you are still in study mode! Tech class is good but limited if you want to get on HF.

I used a High Sierra sidekick screwdriver and it worked well but 40m was a stretch for it. I did replace the whip with a much longer one. This helped but still not great on 40.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.