• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I thought about it, but...

I think you actually have a YAESU 726R NOT a YEASU because they are Super RARE & some believe they are Mythical since nobody has seen a picture of even one. LOL If you actually have a YEASU Please share a few pictures. {:>)

SIX-SHOOTER
i own 1 yaesu-munsen and 2 yaesu radios. I despise the 2 yaesu radios,the yaesu-munsen is great control wise but it needs some bench time via a tech. But then loook at age of it too

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
i own 1 yaesu-munsen and 2 yaesu radios. I despise the 2 yaesu radios,the yaesu-munsen is great control wise but it needs some bench time via a tech. But then loook at age of it too

I think you missed the punch line so I will put them Side by side.You said you have a YEASU not a YAESU. Look at both spellings.I own a YAESU rotor but would not own any Transceiver they make even for FREE.I have had worse than Pathetic Service from YAESU radios so I am an ICOM Man.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Rwb
Yeasue - SEE Unicorn

upload_2020-5-8_15-8-59.png

Well I've seen it all, Thor's hammer, now Kopcicles Sledge-a-matic

Reactions: Rwb and Slowmover
I think you missed the punch line so I will put them Side by side.You said you have a YEASU not a YAESU. Look at both spellings.I own a YAESU rotor but would not own any Transceiver they make even for FREE.I have had worse than Pathetic Service from YAESU radios so I am an ICOM Man.

SIX-SHOOTER
didnt think i spelled mine wrong

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
In another thread

IC-718

In production 20-years. Means fixes spares and mods. Used market big.

Ad copy opens with a trumpet blast of,

“It’s about the simplicity.”

$630 after rebate at Universal Radio. Mobile or Base

View attachment 37036

Quite a few reviews at eHam from your spiritual cousins.

haha spiritual cousins ohhh shittt HAHA

Reactions: Slowmover
Unless he’s a Quaker expecting simple gifts, it’s those with the same yearning about radio simplicity

Gonna hafta get out the Texas Flyswatter and whack the simple-minded, R-dub. Start runnin’.

i walk ,kick azz n take down names

Reactions: Slowmover
In another thread

IC-718

In production 20-years. Means fixes spares and mods. Used market big.

Ad copy opens with a trumpet blast of,

“It’s about the simplicity.”

$630 after rebate at Universal Radio. Mobile or Base

View attachment 37036

Quite a few reviews at eHam from your spiritual cousins.

A real sleeper, 100% duty cycle often overlooked by many. Great Beacon radio if you
are into that. Ham version of the ic-78 which was built for use by Governments at
embassy post & some limited military use.
Put the Inrad 2.1 SSB filter in & you have a great ssb radio.
Had one years ago & at times miss it.

Well, also know too @HomerBB - we share your frustration...(Or I should say AT LEAST I do...)

Amateur status used to mean you could "do what you wanted - Responsibly" and the FCC gave you a range of frequencies to play with as long as you played well with others.

They - meaning the powers that be - wanted you to "Discover and Explore" the radio realm for what it was, a method of communication - but also as a means to develop better communications from your efforts.

Nowadays, it seems to be more of a convenience than, compared to - that of a learning lesson.

Can't say, "Shame!", but I can define it as a disappointment to see how the Amateur community became - grew from the infancy of Marconi (shameless plug) and Tesla, Edison, Even Franklin D Roosevelt to enact protections of said events from being taken over by commercial interests.

Only now, I see many Amateurs in "servitude to commercial interests" then to be a "Service to humanity and the betterment of all" - note that radio is NOT a favorite of persons - it works for all - not just the country you reside in.

So you've been heard, but unfortunately - we've become part of the "Herd" that feeds the very machine they created in perusing their efforts to make things better - they now offer more support in monetary gains to those that want - in the name of convenience - equipment that takes control away from the operators.

Those whom feel differently - those that do not want that - suffer at the complexity of equipment and the congestion of the bands these others have taken for themselves - no longer is it for anyone - only the ones that have the powers to overcome the interference they feel the "Amateurs" that still believe in the premise of Radio For All - still exist. (I can make this presumption based upon the evidence of interference that even the FCC has ignored or unable to reduce without further action and regulation)

In a way, it's is why I left these (ahemn) - behind; and hang out with another group that would like, or just plain - needs help - in an effort to help those that still think of Radio as a curiosity but cannot overcome the stigma that this newer generation of Amateurs imposes as a set of "rules - guidelines or Judgments'" against those that simply enjoy the method of, and level in use of, communication for their own means. This even exists on their approved bands!

The FCC/ITU (amongst other Regulatory) is supposed to make this playfield equal - but the Sandlot shows differently.

No one owns the "frequencies"- you may own the radio that ALLOWS you to get there and utilize it, but it doesn't mean you OWN it.

We seem to have gone astray from being Responsible caretakers of these bands, onto a freefalling mess of mayhem that is supported by a mainstream of companies that simplify the effort into "Buy this to get that" - attitude and therefore removes the complexity of knowing and accounting to be the responsible party that Amateur designation means - Responsibility for their equipment and operations - towards others.

upload_2020-5-9_10-50-24.png

The Rules were not written with Hippocrates in mind but follow a premise that those that operate are Responsible for; not only their equipment but for the betterment of the Community as a whole to make life better for all.

Reactions: Rwb and Slowmover
Thanks, Andy.
The old guard are, by each succeeding generation, considered to be dinosaurs. The only justice is that it will be them one of these days.
The older I grow, the more I value what has been.
A case in point of it all with me is embodied in the pursuit of decaying vintage furniture and other items we find, restore, and reintroduce into use.
(Facebook.com/homespunheritage).
I raised my kids with an effort to teach them to respect where they have landed because it hasn't always been this way in all things. Moon landings were a fools dream when I was born, but in the next decade it was done. There were no cell phones, and the phenomenon of wireless contact for miles at the key of a mic fueled a CB craze that was more respected than it is today with countless thousands clamoring to communicate.
Even the infancy of television provided excitement, and no clue of the myriad of entertainment options we have today...
And there is more, but what I miss in terms of simplicity isn't about dumbing down technology, nor handicapping discovery, but the accomplishment of progress without the loss of respect for legacy, and for those whose investment in it all never envisioned doing things in such a way as to toss any generation into the heap of rust and refuse.
So, I travel on and languish in the high cost of aging praying my children will remember the things they take for granted are the gifts of those who preceded them.
Ahh, I ramble on...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated