• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

If you're ever feeling a little stupid...

Hey all I started receiving ads on here in the last 24 hrs. Before then, never had one. Has anyone else started getting them or, have you all along?
Thanks.
(Talk about annoying!)

I commented on the original topic a while back.....
But one of my sons passed me some wisdom a while back and THIS seems like an appropriate place for it.

When you are arguing with "those less competent"... there is really no expectation that you will EVER change THEIR mind.

But the reason that you keep trying to feed in "good and proper" information.... is that there is more than likely a crowd of silent listeners just "listening in" on the fracas. These may not be "as knowledgeable" as others.... but they are seeking good information.

THOSE are the ones you are trying to reach. Just be as clear and convincing asyou can be.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
I believe in leading a Stress Free life style so I have never belonged to any Social media web sites. I tell everyone Facebook is a Virus. I rather be with my Bro's right hear ! LOL I'm sort of like Capt. Kilowatt when I get on a roll and that isn't heart healthy. I laugh when I think of the Mad Magazine character with his eyeballs coming out of the sockets on their cords. Live and learn !

It (Facebook, Ticktock, etc.) stimulates and pacifies the mind so the natural free flowing thought process is interrupted by senseless gobbledygook. Reprograming and reshaping the mind to believe the opposite of what is true. Its the modern day version of the "Boob Tube".

In the olden days, we called it "Brain Washing".

To paraphrase Mark Twain:

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It accomplishes nothing useful and only annoys the pig.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that ! Just when you think you've heard them all, someone comes up with a new one. LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.