• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IMAX-2000

I am glad it works good for you. I have a discone that I used a few years ago and it worked well. I didn't use it on 11meters but on vhf and uhf.
I just picked another one up today, tomorrow I will deploy it and DX with the bad boy. I am hoping that it was just a bad antenna.

I didn't know one could transmit on 11 meters with a discone. Evidently fairly well according to Mudd. I might try one.
Hey brother how goes it? Have a look at the Tram 1411 or something in that class. As I just stated I picked up another one today, I like them because they make a great RTL-SDR antenna as well as a nice multiband TX antenna in one. The last one that I had was getting out there, Louisiana to West Virginia loud and clear with 100w AM.

It's the stinger on it that is allowing 11 meters, remember they are zero gain antennad and they spray the signal everywhere .
I am aware of the zero gain and the spray but dang this thing is great. I may live stream on either YouTube or Periscope tomorrow to show the performance. I had one up and had issues so I put an A-99 up and the performance dropped.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Made this last weekend from a few small purchases at Lowe's and parts in the bin.
6 and 10 meter maypole
$15 (this one has BALUN innards).
~$10 no balun.

9:30 PM... Just talked to Pensacola, FL on 100 watts 28.410.
I'm in Salem, VA.

6686-1590881731-86f79b9d54d1eb7602e4954618853aca.jpg

... I have an imax 2K. They do work 10 thru 15 meters no tuner required. ... as the vertical will work mounted close to the ground and give decent DX performance, well when the solar cycle picks up again it will give performance:whistle:
Same antenna here. 12ft off the ground. RX from .1 - 30Mhz. Bought before the purge. Made a few contacts last cycle.

bsl6rxa

Reactions: wavrider
Mike you get all the good rare DX in the south Pacific.
I did make Cook islands and Papa New Guinea,
But that was on 20 meters. with a three element yagi and full legal limit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated