• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Imax Installed

Yes, radio shack or any TV shop should carry the 1" pipe that has the proper grooving in them. I went with1 x 1 1/2" bottom pipe, 1 x 1 3/8" fence top rail, then went to 1 x 1" conduit. This made for a 3 section mast that I can take down with a couple of bolts to 10ft when down, or just high enough to stand on roof an be level with bottom of antenna. I tried the 2 top rail post thing and there isn't enough to slide the other pipe into and get a good solid connection. Even with it drilled and bolted, it marginal at best as far s strength went and I wouldn't stick a heavy antenna on 2 of them without some bracing of the 2 pipes. At least stepping down in pipe size allowed me to get at least 1ft of every pipe down into the other section of pipe. I braced it to side of roof and side of chimney at top of chimney which is at about 15ft. But if you want 1" pipe check the TV shops or even eBay, they sell 5ft and 10ft sections. A tripod roof mount and 15ft of pipe would be plenty of height. Even 10ft would be close to 25ft at the crest of most single story homes with a tripod (5ft) and a 10ft pipe. If you have a chimney, they make for a good brace for a mast pipe to go up next to. And again check at radio shack if there is still one around you, or a TV repair shop. If all else fails hit eBay!!

Heavy Metal
Any electrical distributor should have different sizes up to 3" OD. I would think,

That is what Graybar electrical has in stock in my neck of the woods.

This is aluminum conduit not thin wall tube, the price is expensive but well worth it for strength.

Heavy Metal
Any electrical distributor should have different sizes up to 3" OD. I would think,

That is what Graybar electrical has in stock in my neck of the woods.

This is aluminum conduit not thin wall tube, the price is expensive but well worth it for strength.

50' push-up pole maybe 20' piece of that conduit and cover it with 1.25 OD fiberglass pole or thick wall pvc( to put antenna to so does not make contact with metal ) would be 65' and if not mistaken free space?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.