• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is this the new Stryker SSB?

While still in Europe - it is a CB radio.
When it gets here - it will be an Export.
>smirk<

not strictly true, in some european countries it would be an exxport, in others a 10m amateur set and in other a legal 40 ch am/fm/ssb cb.

unlike the states where state law doesn't affect communications laws, here in europe every country has their own radio laws, as well as european harmony of radio laws ( but some countries can opt out).

no matter what it's classed as in any particular country, you can be sure they will find their way throughout europe, thanks too more lenient postal regulations within european union countries, and those countries close borders with countries outwith the european union.

technically it would be an import radio when it hits the us, as it was imported from france.;)

ordering me one tonight. i remember when these first came out last year they were like $300.00

i suppose it will still need a programming cable & junkware CD to turn the radio into a Export 10-11-12m Coverage

I got one from h&y, works great. Still waiting on software. the only mod i made was opening up the am audio limiter. the only thing i do not like is no mic gain. AM dead key is 10 watts and swings 35, on SSB it does about 40 watts. out of the box it only has about 3 watts of swing on am, Thats why i opened up the limiter.

I got one from h&y, works great. Still waiting on software. the only mod i made was opening up the am audio limiter. the only thing i do not like is no mic gain. AM dead key is 10 watts and swings 35, on SSB it does about 40 watts. out of the box it only has about 3 watts of swing on am, Thats why i opened up the limiter.

What model and version do you have, I may have the software you need.If I'm not mistaken, the MAAS V5 has programmable mic gain in the software.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.