1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Just started

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Ziploc, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Ziploc

Ziploc Well-Known Member

Morning all, so this just started and is getting more sporadic. I key up and talk the amp is still keyed here click light is on however my needle on radio goes to nothing and my talk back goes silent. I have talk back on to . So basically mid sentence I don’t here myself talking no more radio needle is to zero but I look and amp light is still engaged and keyed? Mic going bad ? Help thanks all .

2. OldTech03

OldTech03 Sr. Member

What does the radio do without the amp turned on/or without the amp in line at all?

3. Ziploc

Ziploc Well-Known Member

Same

4. OldTech03

OldTech03 Sr. Member

Well, then you have a radio problem! can't tell you what it is as it could be many things that are causing it. You are sure the antenna is still functioning as it should?

5. Ziploc

Ziploc Well-Known Member

I’ll meter it tonight thanks

6. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

I have seen a funky microphone switch do this. It keys the radio but does not switch the audio from the mic element. What microphone is it? Maybe just need to clean the switch contacts with some deoxit or wd40. If it does the same thing with a different mic, then the problem is probably in the radio.

AudioShockwav, Ziploc and Slowmover like this.
  7. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

Should see a TX light, if not then you are losing TX (LOCK) and so the meter falls to Zero, no Audio in Talkback and it's trying to go into RX mode, but you don't hear it because the TX mode is not locked - to the PLL to produce RF so you can send RF, but the TX mode is enabled, so that shuts down the RX side from even working - on top of; if you have a radio that needs Speaker Return - it's (Microphone Key switch) not there to enable the internal speaker to work (Plunger is in, versus being out sort of thing)- so it sits silent, looking back at you.

You have to figure out why it's not staying in Transmit.

Could be many things including a a power supply regulation issue - it's in shutdown mode. May be not the main one, (13.8V) it's the regulated 8V one inside that is shutting down.

Shadetree Mechanic and Slowmover like this.
  8. Ziploc

Ziploc Well-Known Member

9. Ziploc

Ziploc Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I’ll look into them if not off to R&R Communications

10. Ziploc

Ziploc Well-Known Member

Is there nothing you don’t know . Lol

11. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

Well hey, if there is he'll look it up.

Handy Andy and Ziploc like this.
  12. Ziploc

Ziploc Well-Known Member

He’s helped me out every time

13. Ziploc

Ziploc Well-Known Member

Newest update::: so different mics didn’t change a thing. So still mid sentence radio goes silent and needle goes to left however my friends still here my transmission. And yes does it with amp on or off. Some days are worse then others.I believe it’s just old school talk back trucker mod . Please help? Any ideas?

14. CorruptHawkeyez

Not sure if I'm just not seeing it or it just hasn't been listed. What radio is this happening on?

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.
  15. Ziploc

Ziploc Well-Known Member

Did you read the whole thread? It’s a comp cobra 29.