• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just started

Ziploc

Mar 19, 2016
Morning all, so this just started and is getting more sporadic. I key up and talk the amp is still keyed here click light is on however my needle on radio goes to nothing and my talk back goes silent. I have talk back on to . So basically mid sentence I don’t here myself talking no more radio needle is to zero but I look and amp light is still engaged and keyed? Mic going bad ? Help thanks all .

Should see a TX light, if not then you are losing TX (LOCK) and so the meter falls to Zero, no Audio in Talkback and it's trying to go into RX mode, but you don't hear it because the TX mode is not locked - to the PLL to produce RF so you can send RF, but the TX mode is enabled, so that shuts down the RX side from even working - on top of; if you have a radio that needs Speaker Return - it's (Microphone Key switch) not there to enable the internal speaker to work (Plunger is in, versus being out sort of thing)- so it sits silent, looking back at you.

You have to figure out why it's not staying in Transmit.

Could be many things including a a power supply regulation issue - it's in shutdown mode. May be not the main one, (13.8V) it's the regulated 8V one inside that is shutting down.

Should see a TX light, if not then you are losing TX (LOCK) and so the meter falls to Zero, no Audio in Talkback and it's trying to go into RX mode, but you don't hear it because the TX mode is not locked - to the PLL to produce RF so you can send RF, but the TX mode is enabled, so that shuts down the RX side from even working - on top of; if you have a radio that needs Speaker Return - it's (Microphone Key switch) not there to enable the internal speaker to work (Plunger is in, versus being out sort of thing)- so it sits silent, looking back at you.

Could be many things including a a power supply regulation issue - it's in shutdown mode. May be not the main one, (13.8V) it's the regulated 8V one inside that is shutting down.

Is there nothing you don’t know . Lol

Newest update::: so different mics didn’t change a thing. So still mid sentence radio goes silent and needle goes to left however my friends still here my transmission. And yes does it with amp on or off. Some days are worse then others.I believe it’s just old school talk back trucker mod . Please help? Any ideas?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated