• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LMR 400 vs standard RG8X

Jul 12, 2022
President Andy2 with KL 203p amplifier,45° center fed sloper dipole antenna, 8.3 inches per leg. positive leg up at 14 ft. , negative leg down to the ground 2 ft off ground. I have SWR of 1.1 and 1.3 moving radio shack to a different room I need 75 feet of coaxial cable going from my radio to my center fed pole connection, the hard question is DO I HAVE TO use LMR 400 or can I get away with the RG8 X coaxial cable ,is 75ft run to long??? I've read that that LMR 400 is better with power loss due to the length of the runs. Is this true? If I can get away with the RG8X , it's half the price Thanks for all your help and suggestions 73

Attachments

• 20220918_115612.jpg
    20220918_115612.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12

Just to make information more complete.
1s unit loss on the other side is 6dB - 4x less power out.
Cheers, Mike
Mike, you are the Master, master of electronics, theory, cb's etc... I don't understand what you just wrote whatsoever . lol ,tho I did understand and was able to Cipher the graphs you sent nicely THANKYOU FOR THAT., just getting back into cb's after 45 years, My wife is the one who suggested getting back into CB's. Her family owned trucking company she grew up rag chewing in her teens. My dad had cbs coming out his... She even got our son one for his truck...As an adults, now we can buy cool stuff a 13yr old couldn't! hahahaha. Built our sloper,well I made her do the work,she became a proficient solder-er and crimper. After tens of dollars of practice materials. She asked about cleaning up old solder and re-soldering ,so I explained indepth how the old Solder Suckered worked ... Oh my god ! My mistake , she HAD to have one. So needless to say , she got her Solder Sucker and learned to use it ! Hahahaha true story! Thanks again Bro. U been a Ton-0-help . "Rick944 from so. Nevada." "LadyDi69 from so. Nevada." listen for us on the skip in the am. ch 23,28,

I had bought 50 ft of LMR-400UF to put on an outside antenna but, my landlord won't allow one.
So, I cut off a little over 15 ft of it and ran it in my mobile to the big home made steel mount and 5/8 hole for the breedlove mount I use for my 102" SS Whip and 7 ft Skip Shooter.
I know it's overkill but, it works fantastic.
Might as well use it instead of it just sitting there.

I've got a new 100 foot length of Times Microwave LMR400 with some very nice connectors sitting next to me that I've been meaning to replace. It wasn't that expensive, about a dollar a foot when I bought it. Maybe it's gone up now like everything else.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.