1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for an RF coil for Galaxy DX 2527 (RCI 2950)

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by PoDuck, Jul 15, 2018.

1. PoDuck

PoDuck Active Member

I have a DX 2527 that has a broken RF coil. The part number for it is ECRFZ10001. I can get one, but the distributor I found that has it wants a minimum order of $100, and I don't need or want that much of their stuff. Does anyone have one of these? It is L34 on the board.

Thanks

2. kaos513

kaos513 Well-Known Member

Try barkett electronics

PoDuck likes this.
  3. kaos513

Did you find it?

4. PoDuck

PoDuck Active Member

I shot them off an email earlier today. They have had some hard to find parts for Ranger built radios in the past, so they were the first place I looked. I saw nothing on his website though, but that hasn't been a deal killer in the past for them. They don't usually list used parts, so they may have it.

5. kaos513

Try R&R communications as well i saw your part on there list.

PoDuck likes this.
  6. loosecannon

loosecannon Sr. Member

just find a junker galaxy radio on ebay.

better to have a few of these lying around than having to search all over for parts.
    LC

Dmans and rabbiporkchop like this.
  7. kaos513

google your part number R&R communications will come up.

8. kaos513

He maybe on a budget.

9. PoDuck

PoDuck Active Member

I saw it there, but I'm not familiar with them, so I didn't try to contact them. I will. Thanks.

10. PoDuck

PoDuck Active Member

I don't repair radios enough to warrant buying a bunch of junk radios. At least not yet. Right now, all my area for junk is taken up with television parts. Lol

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.
  11. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Well-Known Member

Might be cheaper to buy one of these and wind your own.
    Screenshot_20180715-180719.png

12. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

Winding your own 0.23 uH slug-tuned coil still calls for the correct slug. They are not all created equal.

The same part found in a junk Cobra 29 should work. It's the one right next to the final transistor. Pretty sure you need to unwind one turn to make it match the higher-power radio.

Or maybe two turns. Can't remember.

Just make it look like the old one, can't miss.

OldTech03 and rabbiporkchop like this.
  13. PoDuck

PoDuck Active Member

Well, I got a reply from Barkett yesterday. They don't have any. He suggested asking R&R also. I have sent R&R an email, and hopefully they have one. If not, I may need to see if anyone wants to go in on an order with me from Radio Shop Supply. They have them, but they want a minimum order, and I don't need anything from them other than this part.

14. kaos513

Email: Mikes Radio Repair or The Radio Shop they might help you.

PoDuck likes this.
  15. OldTech03

OldTech03 Active Member

So this is a pretty common coil form " L34 I think in the image below", I was just wondering what is it that is broken is the core broke is the coil form broke? The number you gave seems to cross to an adjustable core. Can you see how many windings there are and do you have any radios that would have this same physical size form? it's a pretty standard form. Just wondering because I come from a time in a Galaxy far far away when we fixed a lot of things that today are considered to be unfixable. Rewinding a coil of this type requires a minimum of skill and as long as the core is in good shape don't hesitate to attempt it. That's my 2 cents that may only be worth 1.5 cents.

If I'm wrong about this L34 being the one then "I Bad" But, coilRFgalaxy.JPG
    if this is the coil then just wind one and you can go on to other things.

rabbiporkchop likes this.