• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for an RF coil for Galaxy DX 2527 (RCI 2950)

PoDuck

Mar 20, 2018
I have a DX 2527 that has a broken RF coil. The part number for it is ECRFZ10001. I can get one, but the distributor I found that has it wants a minimum order of $100, and I don't need or want that much of their stuff. Does anyone have one of these? It is L34 on the board.

Thanks

I shot them off an email earlier today. They have had some hard to find parts for Ranger built radios in the past, so they were the first place I looked. I saw nothing on his website though, but that hasn't been a deal killer in the past for them. They don't usually list used parts, so they may have it.

Winding your own 0.23 uH slug-tuned coil still calls for the correct slug. They are not all created equal.

The same part found in a junk Cobra 29 should work. It's the one right next to the final transistor. Pretty sure you need to unwind one turn to make it match the higher-power radio.

Or maybe two turns. Can't remember.

Just make it look like the old one, can't miss.

Well, I got a reply from Barkett yesterday. They don't have any. He suggested asking R&R also. I have sent R&R an email, and hopefully they have one. If not, I may need to see if anyone wants to go in on an order with me from Radio Shop Supply. They have them, but they want a minimum order, and I don't need anything from them other than this part.

Well, I got a reply from Barkett yesterday. They don't have any. He suggested asking R&R also. I have sent R&R an email, and hopefully, they have one. If not, I may need to see if anyone wants to go in on an order with me from Radio Shop Supply. They have them, but they want a minimum order, and I don't need anything from them other than this part.

So this is a pretty common coil form " L34 I think in the image below", I was just wondering what is it that is broken is the core broke is the coil form broke? The number you gave seems to cross to an adjustable core. Can you see how many windings there are and do you have any radios that would have this same physical size form? it's a pretty standard form. Just wondering because I come from a time in a Galaxy far far away when we fixed a lot of things that today are considered to be unfixable. Rewinding a coil of this type requires a minimum of skill and as long as the core is in good shape don't hesitate to attempt it. That's my 2 cents that may only be worth 1.5 cents.

If I'm wrong about this L34 being the one then "I Bad" But, coilRFgalaxy.JPG
if this is the coil then just wind one and you can go on to other things.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated