• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum 257hp Garbage

...and here we go again.

Mine crapped out again after an half hour of air time.

First reports were S9 into Texas. Clear modualtion. 55 watts out my meter barefoot. 1.2 SWR on the Gain-Master.

Now under modulated (ALC again?) even though showing 55 watts meter.

Also don't have sound out the speaker have have to use the speaker jack.

RFI unit didn't even get warm!

Already called Mr. Lewis!

Uuuugh...!

Last edited:
Well mine got back working GREAT and ya know what?? SOLD ON EBAY. Got my money back and got out of the agriviation of that POS radio. Bought a used Omega Force, got here today, works great hears great, it's less than a year old and I'm loving it. Used the 257HP money to pay for it, had enough left over for a 30 pack of beer, Large bottle of Jack and a small bottle of wine for the wife. ;)

Reactions: 1 person
Well mine got back working GREAT and ya know what?? SOLD ON EBAY. Got my money back and got out of the agriviation of that POS radio. Bought a used Omega Force, got here today, works great hears great, it's less than a year old and I'm loving it. Used the 257HP money to pay for it, had enough left over for a 30 pack of beer, Large bottle of Jack and a small bottle of wine for the wife. ;)
So Tucker, you having a forum party then??(y)

Hell Yea Lets All Drink Up. celebrating me getting my money back for the dud 257. Never had a new radio upset me that much. Watch the guy I sold it to will probably use it for years without any issues.

Well enjoy it and make sure the wifey enjoys her's as well.
I was going to order 1 at christmas as a present to me. By the sounds of it I'm lucky. Maybe when they get the issues sorted out or possibly I'll use the 703+ thats in the mail to me now.

I've had a few 257 Hp and non HP with no issues, one of them had a low recieve, I did align it as per the specs and it just didn't hear like the others so I sold that, but all the rest have been great radios, this last one, my second new 257HP was just a dud from jump street and that really ticked me off, then to have to send it back 2 times, get some email that they can't find the problem then send me a new radio anyway, just got under my skin, that's why I sold it as soon as I knew it was working right, I figured it would only be a matter of time before it's back in the box going for a ride to California

Man I have a new in box mag 257 with the blue lights. Never even been out of the box since I bought it year or so ago. guess I need to see if it works...;)

yours is probably fine Undertaker, it's seems to be this new run that came in just before Christmas, they have available talk back and echo with the corect mic.

re

mine has been to cali. at the radio shop 3 times
its still messed up. i got a call from SAM he is sending it to another shop. i hope for the last time its been on the road to the shop more than i have used it.

Jon the guy in California is the Best Sam has and he is good but just so busy he can't do it all. The only other shop that does Magnum factroy stuff that I trust is in Tennessee, bunch of nice good ole boys, and very nice to customers too. If your radio gets sent to Bob's CB in Strattenville PA don't expect it maybe by the middle of the summer. Good luck my S9 sat there 2 months and never even got out of the box, that was just not right, buy a 400 dollar S9 gets here with an issue then it sits in a shop for over 2 months being ignored, heck it could have sat here and got ignored by my wife like I do LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.