1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Magnum S9 for sale

Discussion in 'CB Radio Gear SwapShop' started by Sommerkamp, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Sommerkamp

Sommerkamp Member

Hi, I have a Magnum S9 that needs some work its has good output but its off frequency its in real good shape i have the mic and power cord for it and i will take $200.00.thanks

2. 9C1Driver

9C1Driver Sr. Member

You have a PM.

3. Sommerkamp

Sommerkamp Member

Hi, i don't paypal i will take a us poastal money order i have another guy interested in it he is thinking about it send me your email address.Thanks

4. 9C1Driver

9C1Driver Sr. Member

Yea Pay-pal is such a quick easy safe way to go. E-mail was sent in a PM, no reply. Thanks I'm out take care.

S&W357 likes this.
  5. w9cll

w9cll W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Yes and very safe.

357magnum likes this.
  6. TIN_CAN

TIN_CAN Active Member

Sometimes pay pal will put a hold on payment while verifing payment source, some buyers think your scamming them. I use paypal all the time just had this happen once.

7. 70cst

70cst Active Member

Agree with PayPal

S&W357 likes this.
  8. jon666

jon666 Sr. Member

paypal sucks ass hate them rather use a postal money order

walterjn likes this.
  9. old goat 321

old goat 321 Well-Known Member

Paypal takes their cut for sure

10. old goat 321

old goat 321 Well-Known Member

But it is easy, guick and safe

357magnum and S&W357 like this.
  11. ButtFuzz

ButtFuzz Anti-BS Advocate ● WO0WOO ● Reverend Doctor

Where did this thread get dredged up from.
    Postal Money Orders? Forget it. I'm not going to go stand in line at the Postal Orifice, pay a fee, then MAIL the dang thing to the seller... at which point he can cash the check. (It is a negotiable instrument, Homes) and then I have absolutely NO recourse when the seller says. YA! I SHIPPED IT!
    NFW.

undertaker and S&W357 like this.
  12. walterjn

walterjn Member

Actually you do. Seller cashes P.O.M.O. & doesn't ship, that is considered mail fraud & postal inspectors get involved.

Redbeard U812 likes this.
  13. ButtFuzz

ButtFuzz Anti-BS Advocate ● WO0WOO ● Reverend Doctor

"Actually you do. Seller cashes P.O.M.O. & doesn't ship, that is considered mail fraud & postal inspectors get involved."

Umm, yeah... 3-4 months later after YOU have to do all the complaining, proof, etc. And even then, there is little chance of recovery. So you're still out your money, and now you're out mucho TIME, too...

Let me ask you a question: What program has the government ever done right?

Answer: NONE!

Take a little stroll down to your local PO and speak with the postmaster of postmistress... that is, if you can find them. Ask them what the real chance of recovering money on, say, a $150 radio that you paid for with a postal money order...

14. S&W357

S&W357 Supporting Sr. Member

USPS Money orders are crap. I've sold guns on Gunbroker and received Post Office MO's as payment.

Try to cash them at the PO and I always hear, "We don't have enough available cash to do that. We suggest you take it to your bank."

I don't do banks as they are crap also. Instead I'm a member of a couple of Credit Unions.

Credit Union will not ca$h the money order because "...so many USPS MO's are counterfeit."

CU will let me deposit it in my account. But...that is only after I sign and agree to some document stating I will not have access to the deposited funds for 15 days and then only after the MO clears.

No USPS MO's for me. Pay Pal or Certified Bank (or CU) Check = good to go.

357magnum likes this.
  15. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin
    Staff Member

No postal money orders for me.
    Got burned 1 time going that route , some how money order got altered , cashed , and the postmaster did not give a shit if I got my money back.
    Really.
    I even wasted my time and tracked down were the altered money order was cashed and he still did nothing.
    Never again.

Jeff

357magnum and S&W357 like this.