• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mars Cap Mod?

undertaker

Undertaker
Apr 5, 2006
Texas
Hello ,Gentlemen is this mod the one that will make the radio work on 11 meters? Looking to get a ham rig for ssb..

Thanks
Bobby

Be very careful when doing any mods such as this. The components can be very small such as surface mount components and close together. From time to time people have disturbed other nearby components or PCB traces and damaged the radio when attempting various mods. Some rigs are easy to get to the area where the mod is made. Some are not. It depends on your skill level. Just use care.

If you buy the radio new you can have the mod done at the time of purchase from many places. Yes it cost extra, but if you are worried about damaging something then it's well worth it.

Hello ,Gentlemen is this mod the one that will make the radio work on 11 meters? Looking to get a ham rig for ssb..

Thanks
Bobby
Yes, just a legitimate way of saying your HF radio is now capable of operating outside the amateur bands.

Mars stands for Military Affiliate/Auxillary radio service. Cap is Civil Air patrol.

This is a membership radio service and requires to be active at all times to maintain status.

Yes, just a legitimate way of saying your HF radio is now capable of operating outside the amateur bands.

Mars stands for Military Affiliate/Auxillary radio service. Cap is Civil Air patrol.

This is a membership radio service and requires to be active at all times to maintain status.

Please accept my apologies I should have know some radio cop would chime in!!!

Just delete this thread..sheeeeeeeesh..

• Haha
Reactions: Rwb
I don't think he was trying to condemn what you're doing. Just some fun facts about mars/cap.

The way I look at it is the band will be cleaner if you buy a decent radio and you may decide to get your ticket after listening to other bands. You'll never want to talk ssb on a CB or export again after using a good radio.

Reactions: fourstringburn
I can get one from gigaparts they will mod it . just want to make sure it will do what I want it to do..

Whatever you get it will do what you want it to on SSB and that is for sure. Just don't expect it to perform fantastic on AM. that's just a factor of life with most HF radios. Most can be made to sound decent but how much is involved to do that varys from radio to radio.

Please accept my apologies I should have know some radio cop would chime in!!!

Just delete this thread..sheeeeeeeesh..
I wasn't being a "radio cop" at all!

I was just answering your question if a Mars/Cap mod is what you were referring to for a HF mod to get 11 meters and gave a definition of what it means for you and others who might not know what it means. GEEZ!

ALSO the fact NIB HF radios only transmit on Amateur bands only until modified, I gave this info too.

I can't help it if you took it the wrong way and were so quick to do so.

543Dallas didn't think I was being a radio cop. I wouldn't think other's reading would either.

I hope you do get a nice HF rig and also that will inspire you to get your Amateur license!

Reactions: Slowmover
If you buy the radio new you can have the mod done at the time of purchase from many places. Yes it cost extra, but if you are worried about damaging something then it's well worth it.
Good advice, GigaParts is the only one I'm aware if that does this and they would be responsible for any screw ups.

Reactions: 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.