• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

meanwhile out in the garage ...

upload_2021-12-12_11-42-7.png

I was thinking this would be a good tie in for a Trading company in Duluth​

Firestick
Fire-Stick
See electrical definition of "choke"
Brand trademark of a substance resembling copper, wound around a fiberglass mandrel, covered with a heat shrink condom, mistakenly referred to as an "antenna".
noun
noun: Firestick
  1. 1.
    something of extremely poor quality.
    • nonsense.
    • rubbish; junk.
  2. 2.
    excrement.
    • an act of defecation or deception
      plural noun: firesticks , See "twin whip trucker special"
verb
verb: choke; 3rd person present: choking; past tense: choked; past participle: choked; gerund or present participle: firesticking
  1. 1.
    See "Mud duck", "clueless dweeb"

@AudioShockwav
Jeff,
The original of this rant occurred in the light of a general Baofeng hysteria. It seems however that this is taking a more substantial hold. Word has it that the original UV-5R is no more having been somewhat neutered in response to supposed threatened import restrictions. I haven't received a sample of this to examine myself but I saw it on the interwebz so it must be true...
Regarding the " List" of 10 meter radios.
This tells about the FCC employees that were " confused" by there own rules.

Most of it has disappeared from the internet, but a little bit can be found here.

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp2/22/667/2420136/

It's a bit of a read, but informative

Jeff

You really have some interesting things going on out here in the Garage...

Don't forget to remember - there are some that still look to you for help and advice.

Including me.

Merry Christmas!

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Don't forget to remember - there are some that still look to you for help and advice.

Including me.

Merry Christmas!

Andy,
I'm fresh out of general insanity and specific ignorance concerning the real or surreal expectations of fact, fiction, or opinion.

Let me get through the horrordaze without significant incident and I'll attempt a return to my regularly unscheduled diatribe.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.