• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Michael Jackson dead

mjfuneral.jpg

Food for Thought...

We all know he liked kids.
But what did he like about thirty-eight year olds?

That there were thirty of them.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(kind of hard to deliver this joke via print...)

A lot of people have shitty childhoods, got smacked around by their old man, received mental and emotional abuse, and many of them turn out to be exceptional adults. An abused childhood is just another feel good excuse for criminal behavior....
Michael Jackson had the world by the ass, he could have done a lot of good with his popularity and influence, but he chose to be a freak instead. His choices lead him to an early grave, and what does he leave behind, a bunch of star struck idiots crying over him, and 400 million in debt.
The most sickening part is the media coverage over this child molesting freak, not a friggin word was mentioned about Farrah Faucett passing away on the news last night. The woman battled cancer, she didn't abuse Demerol and Oxycontin until it stopped her heart, if the media is going to cover the death of a celebrity with such fanfare, it should have been her, not him......

and now my contribution to the sick Michael Jackson jokes......

The Coroner reported today that because of all the plastic surgery Michael Jackson had over the years it would be too dangerous to cremate his body........so they are going to melt it down and turn it into Lego blocks so the kids can still play with him......... :D

It's too bad he didn't have time to complete his purchase of the of Detroit Lions that I was hearing about. He heard they had two tight ends and 11 other guys who sucked.

My turn.............can't resist.

In honor of Michael Jacksons death JC Penney will have all boys pants half off.

And.....

In honor of Michael Jackson passing away, McDonald's in introducing the MJ burger......50 year old meat stuck between 10 year old buns.

I'm through.

So I've never been a huge Michael Jackson fan, but I do respect the work of anyone that can accomplish what he did, from a boy until the end of his life. What he accomplished as an entertainer is second to none. Yes, the guy turned into something of a freakshow toward the end of his life, but he had his own demons to deal with. Child molestor? I dunno. There were certainly a lot of things he did that most would not consider normal. Here in L.A., we had 24x7 coverage of the trials he had on those charges. I will tell you that it became very clear that the Sheriff that brought those charges was on a witch hunt...it was retarded. Remember, he was cleared on all charges ever brought. Does that mean he got away with something? If he did, he took it to the grave.

I watched some of his videos on VH1 Classic last night - they're running a weekend tribute. I had completely forgot about the "We are the World" song for the Feed the Children fundraiser (or whatever it was called), which raised $50 million for starving children in Africa. He had every big name artist at the time in that video with him - I saw Bruce Springstein, Willie Nelson, Steve Perry (Journey), Cyndi Lauper, Lionel Richie, Kenny Rogers, Billy Joel, Tina Turner, Dionne Warwick, Huey Lewis, Paul Simon, and Ray Charles. That song & video and $50 million doesn't happen without Michael Jackson. I have respect for what he did. A lot of his later music was also about various causes, specifically the environment & world hunger. I don't necessarily agree with everything promoted in those videos/songs, but I will give him credit for raising awareness and money for those causes.

I heard a comment on the news from a lady being interviewed here in L.A. that is from a small village in Nigeria. She said that most of the people in her village could barely speak any English. However, she said they all knew the words to Michael Jackson's songs. How many of us are going to have that much impact on the world during our lifetime?

He was about to engage in 50 concerts in London. The ticket revenue alone from those shows was estimated at about $100 million. I'm sure with follow on DVDs, concessions, etc, he would have easily pulled out the debt he was in. It will be interesting to see how much all of his other assets brings to pay off the debt and hopefully have something left for his children.

It's not likely we will soon see a superstar like Michael Jackson who is able to maintain that status globally from childhood until death. He was quite a character, love him or hate him. He had his demons, as do we all, but he also had some great moments. Star or not, he is someone's son, someone's father, someone's brother, someone's friend. Rest in Peace, Michael - Join Elvis in showing some of those other flat-foots in heavan how to get their groove on.

O J was so called cleared also, do you really think he did not KILL his Wife and GOLDMEN ?? ARE YOU BRAIN DEAD ?????:redface:

Last edited:
When Elvis died, his net worth was about 3mil, nowadays, he makes $50mil per year.
That ought to give you an idea as to how much Jackson will bring in now that he's dead.

O J was so called cleared also, do you really think he did not KILL his Wife and GOLDMEN ?? ARE YOU BRAIN DEAD ?????:redface:

So by your reasoning, everyone who is found "not guilty" by a fair trial should be always assumed guilty by the public?

And there's the other muti-million dollar lawsuits he faced over the same thing with other kids that he settled (paid) out of court.

An innocent person would never do that.

I'm kind of in the same boat with Mole. His music was not really the sort of thing I like, but it was loved by millions of others. I respect that achievement. He was also an UNBELIEVABLE dancer. He raised the bar in that department.

It was also his unprecedented crossover appeal to both white and black audiences that forced MTV to play his videos, and subsequently start playing other black artists. That was a great achievement, because MTV was not valid until they started playing all popular music, not just white suburban popular music.

Very strange guy, though. It's too bad that fame and celebrity often consume our greatest artists. I think that is what contributed to his behavior the most. I don't think he was well served by those around him, or his family. But how do you save someone from them self?

:headbang

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.