• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 5001z. What is it?

I took the bait and ordered one of those. Used Pay Pal for safety. Everything looks legit. My guess is Northern Tools is doing this to fetch more on line buyers. More Email to tend with no doubt, but I don't mind.

I just ordered a few. I got a popup for a free $5 off your next order for giving them your e-mail address (which I did) but the coupon never showed. Went ahead and got my order in before they fix it or they sell out.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I’m positive it’s a misprint and it’s supposed to be $79.99. If they catch it they will cancel the orders. Hundreds of us buying them is going to raise a red flag.

I deal with close outs and sometimes we blow out inventory at cost but never below cost or with free shipping. At that point you’re better off destroying inventory and taking the write down on your taxes.

I’m positive it’s a misprint and it’s supposed to be $79.99. If they catch it they will cancel the orders. Hundreds of us buying them is going to raise a red flag.

I deal with close outs and sometimes we blow out inventory at cost but never below cost or with free shipping. At that point you’re better off destroying inventory and taking the write down on your taxes.
In too many instances, “destroyed inventory” mysteriously shows up later. I’m keeping my glass half full this Christmas.

Lol
The price now is corrected to $99.99 and free shipping.

Jeff

Probably not a great profit margin @$7.99. Somebody @ Northerntool might be having a bad day tomorrow if they actually ship.

Hope all that ordered receive them.

Last edited:
Reactions: FredTx63
In too many instances, “destroyed inventory” mysteriously shows up later.

Yes indeed.
I worked retail a little.
Damaged/Defective/Returns
Say a item is a policy A, that means it should be destroyed in the field.
It should be destroyed, as in cut the cord off and smash it and into the dumpster it should go.
Should.
I have seen that policy " modified" by a floor manager.
As in
"we had 2 yesterday"
"1 of them was defective"
"did the customer return it?"
"No It was seen on the shelf broken and it was a policy A so I had the cashiers return it as defective and tossed it."
Followed by
" I swear in seen it in the back of her car."

Going to the "store manager" would only get you grief as the "floor manager" was the "store managers" sons girlfriend.
And the store managers son was in charge of inventory.
Can't get a better set up than that.

Jeff

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.